Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PIckup after Blackburn in Lucraft Road?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I usually park at the Bridge, but on Saturday my wife is picking my lads and I up from the Amex vicinity as we have to drive up to Manchester for a family wedding. Looking at the map, it seems one can walk straight down, past The Bridge, and into Lucraft Road for a pickup. Is there any problem doing this on matchday, is the parking very restricted or is there a better place for her to wait? She'd only aim to be there just around the time the match is ending.

Cheers

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
We've done similar a few times.

That first road after The Bridge gets snarled up a lot. It's narrow and it seems a lot of Albion fans can park there.

So I'd just suggest she parks slightly further back. I can't tell you road names as I don't know any.

We use the iPhone Find My Friends app for us to find where our getaway driver has parked up.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

That first road after The Bridge gets snarled up a lot. It's narrow and it seems a lot of Albion fans can park there.

So I'd just suggest she parks slightly further back. I can't tell you road names as I don't know any.

We use the iPhone Find My Friends app for us to find where our getaway driver has parked up.
Thanks Bozza. I wondered how crowded it'd become . We'll take your advice.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Thanks Bozza. I wondered how crowded it'd become . We'll take your advice.

I just checked a map. Ashurst Road, at the end of Lucraft, is where we generally end up. It's a bit further to walk but you'll get that time back not being stuck in your car.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The Keep seems to have become a favourite spot for pick ups, it's the other side of the tunnel so easier to move after.

Some games there had been police there stopping people from doing that. Presumably it hinders the flow coming out of The Bridge which is the last thing that car park needs!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

Interesting to hear this as this was basically the only place that people parked before the restrictions were brought in. I used to park a couple of streets further away with no one around. Nice to know that the parking restrictions have done no good whilst being a pain in the backside.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Interesting to hear this as this was basically the only place that people parked before the restrictions were brought in. I used to park a couple of streets further away with no one around. Nice to know that the parking restrictions have done no good whilst being a pain in the backside.

I'm not saying people aren't entitled to park there - I have no idea. My assumption is that people share passes or whatever is required, but there could just be people chancing it as you suggest.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Some games there had been police there stopping people from doing that. Presumably it hinders the flow coming out of The Bridge which is the last thing that car park needs!

Barriers have been down for last few games so people have been parking down the road so not causing an obstruction. Whether that is 'permanent' I have no idea.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I'm not saying people aren't entitled to park there - I have no idea. My assumption is that people share passes or whatever is required, but there could just be people chancing it as you suggest.

Didn't really mean people were chancing it, just that clearly plenty of people are able to get hold of passes etc. and can carry on parking there despite the restrictions. A lot of the people who park there are probably from the other end of Bevendean.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Could you not walk to the traffic lights at top of Village way and she come from the Downs then just stop at the lights to pick you up.after you have rung and told her you are there. She could possibly stop 2-300 yds before that for a couple of minutes or even leave The Downs when you leave the ground.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Could you not walk to the traffic lights at top of Village way and she come from the Downs then just stop at the lights to pick you up.after you have rung and told her you are there. She could possibly stop 2-300 yds before that for a couple of minutes or even leave The Downs when you leave the ground.

Pretty much what I've done when picking anyone up and going back towards the A27..........as long as they are already by the road when I go past easy enough to stop and let them hop in. Halfway between the lights and the roundabout.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I was thinking of leaving the Downs hotel at about the same time as husband leaves the game and they will be near the lights about the same time so if he waited 50 yds east of the lights she could stop pick him up and drive straight through the lights to roundabout and A27. The traffic will mostly be going the other way from the lights

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patreon
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
I was thinking of leaving the Downs hotel at about the same time as husband leaves the game and they will be near the lights about the same time so if he waited 50 yds east of the lights she could stop pick him up and drive straight through the lights to roundabout and A27. The traffic will mostly be going the other way from the lights

Often long queues coming down from Woodingdean after the match.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Thanks for the suggestion. However....
Often long queues coming down from Woodingdean after the match.
I was afraid of this and also, I'd like to walk down to the bridge after the game with my brother as he'll be parked there.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Thanks for the suggestion. However....

I was afraid of this and also, I'd like to walk down to the bridge after the game with my brother as he'll be parked there.

That being the case could you not continue walking another 7 mins to LewesRd/Coldean Lane junction From The bridge I can walk it in ,less than 10 mins so a younger person would be quicker.

However you chose I wish you luck.

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here