Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Baseball Season 2017

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Come on people, someone must have watched Brockmire.

I've just seen ep 5 and it's funkin hilarious.

Not tried that yet, I'll have a dig around for it.

Can't be better than Eastbound and Down though. That was epic.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I'm planning to go to my first ever baseball game next week - Colorado Rockies vs. Arizona Diamondbacks.

Should be fun.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I heard that if the Cubs don't win this year many Chicago fans are going to do one big suicide squeeze--I have no idea what that means but it sounds awful.

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
I'm planning to go to my first ever baseball game next week - Colorado Rockies vs. Arizona Diamondbacks.

Should be fun.

It will and could be a slug fest the way those two teams are hitting the ball atm, I'd watch that as a neutral!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
My rebuilding phillies now on 5 win streak and above .500 early days but a great sign of progress, already a lot more clutch than last year and we have already had 2 series against the Mets and Nationals! Just got 5 months to hold on to our wild card place! Lol

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The Nat'nals have 41 runs in the last 25 innings @ Colorado.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just watched them score 11 in one inning. Nationals are hot atm!

Just gotta hold that form through to late October. :facepalm:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
It's currently the 4 inning of the Rockies/D'Backs game...the Rockies aren't doing well.

The atmosphere is utterly different to football, half the crowd are taking little to no interest in what is going on. The food stalls must be doing well, mind - I'm sure I saw someone wander past earlier with a tray of Yorkshire puddings.

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
My daughter is currently at the Seattle Mariners / Texas Rangers game.

Any one got any idea how I work out the score please?

Currently Texas 12 & 17 Seattle 13 & 16

I've got no idea what that means

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
My daughter is currently at the Seattle Mariners / Texas Rangers game.

Any one got any idea how I work out the score please?

Currently Texas 12 & 17 Seattle 13 & 16

I've got no idea what that means

Taking this at face value - currently they are 1-1 in extra innings (they play 9 innings but if the score is still tied they play additional innings until there is a winner). They are currently in the 11th inning.

What you were looking at was the teams' overall record: Texas this season have 12 wins and 17 defeats. Seattle have 13 wins and 16 defeats.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
It's currently the 4 inning of the Rockies/D'Backs game...the Rockies aren't doing well.

The atmosphere is utterly different to football, half the crowd are taking little to no interest in what is going on. The food stalls must be doing well, mind - I'm sure I saw someone wander past earlier with a tray of Yorkshire puddings.

Good win for the D'backs, with a very good pitching performance from Zach Greinke who is one of the best pitchers in the league (they signed him to an eye-watering 6-year, $206.5 million contract in December 2015. He'll earn $34 million this year).

And a couple of homers from Paul Goldschmidt, Arizona's 1st baseman.

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
Taking this at face value - currently they are 1-1 in extra innings (they play 9 innings but if the score is still tied they play additional innings until there is a winner). They are currently in the 11th inning.

What you were looking at was the teams' overall record: Texas this season have 12 wins and 17 defeats. Seattle have 13 wins and 16 defeats.

Thanks that's just made it Chrystal clear.

Found a live feed for it.

Thanks again

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
Another morning waking up to another Phillies loss. Another long year ahead of this 'rebuild'

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Am interested in maybe following baseball but have limited knowledge of how it all works. Anyone provide a link to somewhere for newbies to pick up the basics. Also is it easy to find streams of games etc or weekly match of the day types roundups of the action?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here