Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FAO Albion Players After This Latest International Break

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
OK, we all understand you've had a holiday in the sun and have been sat in your room playing video games ever since . Nice work if you can get it.

Just don't come out half-asleep and drop stupid points just this once next Saturday after an international break. Wakey WAKEY! Just how badf do you want to platy in the Premier League? ???

Cheers! :thumbsup:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Now is the time to resume after the international break with a win, not the customary points drop.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
At least losing on Saturday will give the 'how shall we spend the Premier's Leagues millions' posters a break from NSC.
Letting those who know we're clearly going to blow it a chance to post.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
At least losing on Saturday will give the 'how shall we spend the Premier's Leagues millions' posters a break from NSC.

Don't worry, as soon as we drop a point the Huddersfield are invincible crew will be posting like NSC champions.

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
I would like to think that the defeat at Leeds will have them pumped up to get back to winning ways. CH has stressed how important our home form will be to gaining promotion.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013

I think both groups have been posting in equal measure anyway and are equally annoying

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
We seem to drop points after an international break, and stutter after any loss. Could be a double whammy of negativity. However, I do believe that in mathematics two negatives make a positive, so perhaps everything will be ok after all.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Brentford 0-2
Preston 2-2
Aston Villa 1-1
7 points dropped at home after International breaks

Would be grand if anybody had the balls at the pre-Saturday press conference to ask why that should be the case. Won't be holding my breath though.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Brentford 0-2
Preston 2-2
Aston Villa 1-1
7 points dropped at home after International breaks

And on each occasion, the following game, all at home, all 3 points on the board

Huddersfield 1-0
Wolves 1-0
Fulham 2-1

Strongly suggests the players are being allowed to switch off during an international break.

Do the same this time, could mean the difference between automatic promotion and being consigned yet again to the lottery of the play-offs that we know so well and do so badly at.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Thanks for this Tom. Good point - well made.

Got me to thinking....why don't we arrange a "light" friendly during International breaks? Keeps the non-International players together. Keeps the fitness levels up and hopefully keeps the "on the beach" mentality at bay. I do however emphasise a "light" friendly. We don't want to be playing Wales.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
keeps the "on the beach" mentality at bay. I do however emphasise a "light" friendly.

From the little bits that I happen to have noticed over the last week or so, it's not an "on the beach" mentality, it's an "on the beach" actuality.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
One would hope C Hughton might be mentioning this to them shortly.

This theory is interesting but then if it was as simple as a few days off = taking eye off the ball then
- 11 days off in December, including Christmas , and came back to beat QPR 3-0.
- No days off in a run of 4 games in 11 days in Feb with 2 defeats and 2 wins.

I think if someone asked Chris that question he'd rightfully roll his eyes.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
This theory is interesting but then if it was as simple as a few days off = taking eye off the ball then
- 11 days off in December, including Christmas , and came back to beat QPR 3-0.
- No days off in a run of 4 games in 11 days in Feb with 2 defeats and 2 wins.

I think if someone asked Chris that question he'd rightfully roll his eyes.

It's just another thing to have a moan about, or discuss current bees in bonnets.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here