Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is there such a thing as a perfect murder?

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Peter James once asked one of the senior Sussex Police detectives if there was any such thing as the perfect murder.

His response was to say the perfect murder is the one they don't get to hear about or know of.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Seeing as NSC is invaluable for advice on pretty much anything.

Just finished prediction league scenario No. 3227 with my old man over a few beers and he came out with “shi(r)t, with this one we could end up in the play offs”

Staying quite calm it did get me thinking however, is there such a thing as a perfect murder? Is it possible to cheat forensics? Has anyone got away with murder? Whats the best way to dispose of a body that cant be traced?

Would welcome input from anyone been in similar circumstances

I was going to say PIG FARM, but someone else has, then I was going to say if it's perfect we'll never know, but someone else has ... think I'll just pour myself a wine instead

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Strangers on a Train. (Great film)

Get someone else to murder your target and you then murder their target.
No link to either of you.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
You've got to worry about someone who wonders about this stuff at half three in the morning.

Why is it any more strange for a person to think about strange stuff at 3:30 a.m. than at noon or 5 p.m. If you want to think about strange stuff you can do it any time of the day you bloody hell want to think about strange stuff.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Must happen all the time here, the place is massive with lots of uninhabited areas.
A quick pop of a silencer, bundle into the van and away you go, drive for 4 hours, dig hole, fill in, drive back.
Jet wash van on return, put feet up.

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
hit them over the head with a frozen leg of lamb, go home defrost and cook joint, eat the evidence, sorted.

Tales of the unexpected's best episode

Even better was the fact the senior CID bloke on the case came to dinner and helped eat it too :)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Podcast Episode 148: The Perfect Murder

Insurance agent William Herbert Wallace had a terrible night in January 1931 — summoned to a nonexistent address in Liverpool, he returned home to find that his wife had been murdered in his absence. An investigation seemed to show a senseless crime with no weapon, no motive, and no likely suspects. In this week’s episode of the Futility Closet podcast we’ll revisit the slaying of Julia Wallace, which Raymond Chandler called “the impossible murder.”

https://www.futilitycloset.com/podcast/

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here