Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton v Bristol City

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
It would be an evening to remember forever, if (a big if) both teams could achieve their mutual goals for the season, before kick off.
A party to rival VJ night , the Millennium, 30th of July 1966, St Patricks day 2013, and, even my 50th birthday, all rolled into one.

Marvellous scenes!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I've said it before but if Brizzle City didn't have such a porous defence they'd be a top ten side for sure. Great to see them finally getting their act together. I've got a lot of time for Lee Johnson and it's nice to see that the club stuck with him despite that appalling run of games.

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
It is smart and it's much better than what we had before quality wise, what we were worried about was whether we would lose our atmosphere but so far its been good in parts. The bands after the game are good with some very interesting songs haha

I think it's great although the Ayto stand now looks very dated and is cramped inside. Any plans to tickle that up?

I once stood on the old terrace that used to Ben at that end when you played and beat Newcastle in the early 90s (I was seeing family in Bristol and it was a good way to pass Sat afternoon)

BristolCity fan

Oct 30, 2016
I think it's great although the Ayto stand now looks very dated and is cramped inside. Any plans to tickle that up?

I once stood on the old terrace that used to Ben at that end when you played and beat Newcastle in the early 90s (I was seeing family in Bristol and it was a good way to pass Sat afternoon)

The club would like to update the Ateyo but there are a bunch of houses behind and a few of the owners don't want to sell up which is fair enough imo. I think the clubs vision is to have a 30k ground being sold out every week in the prem every week but still a long way to go for that!

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
The club would like to update the Ateyo but there are a bunch of houses behind and a few of the owners don't want to sell up which is fair enough imo. I think the clubs vision is to have a 30k ground being sold out every week in the prem every week but still a long way to go for that!
How's Matty Taylor working out? Must have been a nice feeling nicking him off the Gas.

BristolCity fan

Oct 30, 2016
How's Matty Taylor working out? Must have been a nice feeling nicking him off the Gas.

He struggles to get in the team above tammy but he's on 2 goals and 2 assists in not many minutes so far so not too badly.

On the topic of strikers hows Sam baldock doing with you, a fans favourite here

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
He struggles to get in the team above tammy but he's on 2 goals and 2 assists in not many minutes so far so not too badly.

He's really kicked on goals-wise this year, comfortably his best season. Tireless runner and works so hard whilst showing a lot of intelligence. Important part of the squad.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

A slow start, but now an integral part of the team. We play two up front and one of the two is always SB if he's fit.

He's added a few goals to the work rate which has helped him.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Good to hear, sounds just like the player we sold to you, hard working and could score a goal

He has added goals this season, but he suits playing as a second striker off a target man. Beyond his work rate, he is utterly key to how we play, as he is the one forward that can really stretch the opposition with his running behind. We've scored a fair few goals from counter-attacks this season, and Baldock's invariably involved in moving their defenders around opening up space. He doesn't have a huge number of touches on the ball, but that obscures his importance to how we play.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

It took a while for us to appreciate him. Unfortunately he was bought at roughly the same time as a fair few duds and coincided with a period of being rubbish and so, certainly for me, he was tainted by association and although he worked very hard for the team he struggled to get goals. The last couple of seasons though, he's been fantastic and scored a fair few goal of the season contenders. Great attitude and he's thriving under Hughton's system. We've an embarrassment of riches in midfield providing the chances too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here