Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you settle for 89 pts

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Absolutely. 98 points for now. Revise that after each game rather than guess.

Exactly. Huddersfield will finish on 98 unless their future results suggest otherwise.

Last season, we won 7 and drew 3 of the final 10 games. That was not enough.

We've already dropped 3 points in the last 10 this season. We must aim to win every match left. We might even care about winning the Championship at some point?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Our away form is a big concern and I don't see us winning away again this season...wolves and QPR are in form,villa and Norwich are also ridiculously tough games and think we'll get 2 draws and 2 defeats.The home form is key to promotion as expected and any slip ups are costly just like the other two.

So 91 points max for us :)

KLUNK

Mar 30, 2010
East Sussex
I think 89 points would suffice now, as it's effectively 90 with our superior goal difference. Huddersfield would need 19pts from their remaining 8 games, so would require W6 D1 L1 or W5 D4 L0, and I'm really not sure they are up to this(now) given their last few results. Reading & Leeds would need need to win ALL their remaining 7 fixtures, so I think 89 is the magic number.
Beating Brum on Tuesday pm would calm a lot of nerves for everyone, mine included!

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
No chance. In a few weeks we will be 9 pts clear. Games are running out and they will concede.

Brilliant forecast! Now, how about the next few weeks, and some tips on the horses for us please?

KLUNK

Mar 30, 2010
East Sussex
I think 89 points would suffice now, as it's effectively 90 with our superior goal difference. Huddersfield would need 19pts from their remaining 8 games, so would require W6 D1 L1 or W5 D4 L0, and I'm really not sure they are up to this(now) given their last few results. Reading & Leeds would need need to win ALL their remaining 7 fixtures, so I think 89 is the magic number.
Beating Brum on Tuesday pm would calm a lot of nerves for everyone, mine included!

* edit: Huddersfield would require W6 D1 L1 or win 7 (or all) of their remaining games

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick

How is this possible?

KLUNK

Mar 30, 2010
East Sussex
You mean calming our nerves? Dunno!
Regarding the initial post, I think 89 will be enough. I think we are virtually there, and will soon be hoping to win the title & not worrying about being caught for top 2...

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
89 will be plenty now as I can't see hudds or anyone else going hell for leather after seeing what happened to us last year being physically and mentally knackered for the playoffs none of them will believe they have a hope to catch us now in fact 89 will be more than enough

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
A

Looks increasingly likely that 86 will be enough now as Hudds unlikely to get 16 points from their remaining 8 games (as they haven't managed a 2point/game average all season and don't see that changing now)

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Most bookmakers have now stopped quoting odds on us being top 2 or suspended the market.

top2odds.png

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
So what do we think we need to beat Toon to the trophy? Their form has been iffy, could well have dropped points to Wigan yesterday. I reckon 95 will do it though may need to improve GD with a couple fo chunky wins.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here