Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you settle for 89 pts

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Can see Huddersfield going on a run like we did for our last 7 or 8 last season,we may need 95.

If Hudds have the same run as us last season (ie: 6 wins and 3 draws) , for their last 9 games they will finish on 92 points.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
or 7 wins and 2 losses, both look to be about par. 92 is a target in my book
I'd bite your arm off if you offered me 92pts as it would make promotion close to certain (1/33...?).

We could easily end up with 92pts.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Irrespective of what other teams may or may not get, no I would not settle for 89 points right now. A finishing total of 89 from our current position of 77 with 8 to play would mean a return of 0.5 ppg, so very poor.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Irrespective of what other teams may or may not get, no I would not settle for 89 points right now. A finishing total of 89 from our current position of 77 with 8 to play would mean a return of 0.5 ppg, so very poor.

Blimey - you obviously didn't attend your maths classes at school.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
If you were offered 89 pts now would you take it.
That's 4 wins & 4 defeats,3 wins 3 draws & 2 defeats or 2 wins & 6 draws.

Or do you think we will need more or less points than that.

I'd be very happy with the same number of points and a better goal difference than Huddersfield. Thoughts shouldn't be on obtaining a set number of points, but rather that we maintain the points gap between us and third.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

0.5ppg is very poor but of course that total would mean 1.5ppg ... our last 8 have produced 1.6ppg so this is going right down to the wire

I'd be very happy with the same number of points and a better goal difference than Huddersfield. Thoughts shouldn't be on obtaining a set number of points, but rather that we maintain the points gap between us and third.

and don't exclude Newcastle from anything ... we've got two bites of the cherry imo

LVGull

May 13, 2016
Hudds will drop of now. They have had their run.

Promotion is in the bag stop worrying.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Blimey - you obviously didn't attend your maths classes at school.

0.5ppg is very poor but of course that total would mean 1.5ppg ... our last 8 have produced 1.6ppg so this is going right down to the wire

Somehow I managed to translate 50% of available points into 0.5 ppg

:facepalm: :dunce:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Need to target the four home games, all winnable in my view and hopefully pick up something away but all hard games on the road in my view and our away form has dipped

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
89 points will not be enough this year.

I think 95 points maybe needed to guarantee going up. That's attainable but we need to sort out the away form. That said. Huddersfield away performances are ''marginal'' to say the least and Newcastle struggle against teams who defend against them

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
89 points will not be enough this year.

I think 95 points maybe needed to guarantee going up. That's attainable but we need to sort out the away form. That said. Huddersfield away performances are ''marginal'' to say the least and Newcastle struggle against teams who defend against them
To need 95 points would require Hudds to either get 24 points, or 23 points and turn round a 26 goal difference, in only 9 games. For a team that's only won by 2 goals only twice all season, I'd predict that neither of those scenarios is going to happen.

I reckon they'll get 91.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Yes 91 points and it is a deal, otherwise no deal. 5 wins or 4 wins and three draws needs to be our target. UTA.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here