Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Comic relief 2017

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Seems a lot of people have picked up on how inappropriate it was having the world cup of biscuits competition with mounds of biscuits whilst showing scenes of starving kids in the next scene. People should be getting sacked tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Terrible show on bbc1. The format has run its course and its time for a rethink. Boring and full of irrelevant no marks.
Was sad to see the Billy Connolly section. I didn't realise he had cancer and Parkinson's.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Just back from night out watching David Baddiel's new show. Brilliant. Go and see it in London. Cause he's trying out his new material in the shires it was only £15, £20 cheaper than would be in london so donated the difference to Comic Relief because it really was belly hurting laugh out loud stuff. Unlike CR tonight it would seem, which I don't think is that bad but hey, not been watching it until last hour or so.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Now so weird it's quite funny.

Reminds of channel four in the 80s.
It's really not, turned off after the Vic n bob travesty, just tuned back in... and now back out

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Went out tonight so recorded CR got home about 11.30 slightly worst for wear so bear with me.Have watched about 90 mins so far Fast forwarding the sob story bits.Im finding it really hard to watch.Trying to prove their diversity by using presenters that are not stereotypical presenters.
I thought the car pool Karaoke with Take That was good.French & Saunders was crap.Alan Partridge was awful & so was Vic reeves & Bob Mortimer..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Went out tonight so recorded CR got home about 11.30 slightly worst for wear so bear with me.Have watched about 90 mins so far Fast forwarding the sob story bits.Im finding it really hard to watch.Trying to prove their diversity by using presenters that are not stereotypical presenters.
I thought the car pool Karaoke with Take That was good.French & Saunders was crap.Alan Partridge was awful & so was Vic reeves & Bob Mortimer..

It only gets worse my friend

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Just watched the love actually clip.
Seemed a bit pointless & without content but their is something about that film & Hugh Grant as
Our prime minister that makes me feel warm inside.Especially given recent events in London.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Just seen a clip where lenny shouts at the drunken celebrities on graham Norton telling them to shut up

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
It was generally awful, Carpool Karaoke with Take That was fun and I enjoyed the Love Actually reunion. The late bit with Brand and some god awful new stand up acts was terrible, although I felt sorry for the Bret Domino Trio who have been pretty good on 8 out of 10 Cats does Countdown in the past. It got to the point where they were throwing old VT on and that was mostly a lot funnier than anything that had been done for Comic Relief 2017, I'd never seen the Game of Thrones musical before and thought that was good.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I can't think of ANYTHING that Lenny Henry has done in his entire career that is even faintly amusing, never mind actually funny.

How on earth he has made a career in the entertainment industry is utterly beyond me :shrug:

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I can't think of ANYTHING that Lenny Henry has done in his entire career that is even faintly amusing, never mind actually funny.

How on earth he has made a career in the entertainment industry is utterly beyond me :shrug:

You must have missed the HILARIOUS eating of condensed milk sandwiches whilst wearing a silly hat and saying 'oooooooooooookkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk'

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I dipped in and out of it and most of what was on seemed like amateurish juvenile rubbish.
That said I thought the carpool karaoke was good with Take That.
Agree with redoubtable seagull about the Billy Connelly bit. He's done some of the really memorable bits in the past and to see him as he is now is sad.
Also the speech by Hugh Grant in the Love Actually bit was unerringly on the message considering what had happened in London on Wednesday.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here