Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A polite reminder

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not really. You full know that we have never been 'allowed' to make a trade deal with an individual nation in the eu due to its restrictive nature.

Im completely lost as to what you're on about.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Im completely lost as to what you're on about.

The quote you initially replied to said we'd be able trade with anyone we liked. You said that we already could with 27 countries etc etc. However that is a closed shop/cartel or whatever you choose to assign to the eu and their restrictive trade practises. If we went to germany and tried a deal purely with them, how far would it get?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The quote you initially replied to said we'd be able trade with anyone we liked. You said that we already could with 27 countries etc etc. However that is a closed shop/cartel or whatever you choose to assign to the eu and their restrictive trade practises. If we went to germany and tried a deal purely with them, how far would it get?

Who's we? I said businesses can trade with any of the 27 nations with absolute freedom....which they currently can.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Who's we? I said businesses can trade with any of the 27 nations with absolute freedom....which they currently can.

Perhaps you should examine the original post you quoted. 'We' was cited as the UK. You replied somewhat inaccurately in that you started talking about individual businesses. Never mind, we will never agree on that. It's just a shame that the EU is so closed, the germans must massively regret the shackles they've put on themselves.

larus

Yes, that harmonious trading block with a failing currency, high levels of youth unemployment in the southern states, a refugee crisis, populist right wing views on the rise in many countries and tensions between states. I know you are extremely blinkered to the EU, but an institution which has to threaten countries who wish to leave is not one which I would say is confident of it's place in the world. If it was so great to be a member then they wouldn't need to threaten to 'punish' the UK.

Juncker (he who set-up the tax avoidance schemes for large multinationals when he was PM of Luxembourg) has even admitted that the EU is at a crossroads and is not functioning properly, but still the zealots can't see that.

The future is bright, albeit, the medium-term could be choppy. However, all of the dire prediction from the Remain camp about apocalypse in the even of the Brexit vote have not materialised.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
27 remainers have given you thumbs up. That's taken care of your ego. Unfortunately for you and them article 50 is on Wednesday.
Move on.

I think 27 thumbs, plus the replies from both sides, can see it was a joke and took it in the spirit it was intended. Why a handful of angry little people have reacted like you I can only guess. It's half 7 on a Saturday night; go out and have a beer or something and calm down.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
I think 27 thumbs, plus the replies from both sides, can see it was a joke and took it in the spirit it was intended. Why a handful of angry little people have reacted like you I can only guess. It's half 7 on a Saturday night; go out and have a beer or something and calm down.

In the meantime let's all raise our glasses, make a toast, and celebrate this coming Wednesday! :cheers:

Any local celebrations or partys planned near where you live in Germany?

Even if you don't personally agree with the way people who actually live in the UK voted, you will still be able to cling to fact you received 27 likes! - Every cloud and all that...

Last edited:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
27 thumbs up suggests different?

i must say i find you tedious....you have a tendency to start threads generally denigrating the U.K and then get on your high horse when people bite.....at least i pissed off around the other side of the world and keep my gob shut about how great it is living here.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Trust me I wasnt angry when I wrote that. In fact I was smiling all time I was typing. Angry? What have I got to be angry about? I've got what I wanted. By the way I did go out hence the reply this morning. This was also written with a big smile on my face.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Trust me I wasnt angry when I wrote that. In fact I was smiling all time I was typing. Angry? What have I got to be angry about? I've got what I wanted. By the way I did go out hence the reply this morning. This was also written with a big smile on my face.

Herr Tubthumper leans forward, and strokes his protruding chin repeatedly and ostentatiously :smile:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here