Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Katie Hopkins' view of London

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It relfected that I travelled to Greenwich from either London Bridge or new cross area and alternate stops seemed to be virtually all black getting on and off followed by virtually all white and the areas looked the same and Greenwich was pretty white as well.

I understand now. Yes, I can imagine that is the case.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
So is everybody left-wing a Grauniad reader? Can't stand it myself.

On occasion, on the letters page of the Guardian, there are people who confess to being lifelong Conservative voters or Brexit supporters - shock horror.

Even their Economics Editor declared himself a Brexiter before referendum day.

And there are lefties who read the Daily Mail and the Daily Express.

Takes all sorts.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
On occasion, on the letters page of the Guardian, there are people who confess to being lifelong Conservative voters or Brexit supporters - shock horror.

Takes all sorts.
Absolutely - my wife reads The Grauniad on a Saturday and she is far from left-wing. I would consider myself left-wing but the sight of another Yotam Ottolenghi piece about peas fills me with dread :)

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Flaming for cash?? :lol:

Not these days, sadly he is just left with making shit up. Fake news isn't as exciting as flaming for cash but at least it doesn't get you banned as often.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
It relfected that I travelled to Greenwich from either London Bridge or new cross area and alternate stops seemed to be virtually all black getting on and off followed by virtually all white and the areas looked the same and Greenwich was pretty white as well.

She has been paid for her contributions, I have for some of mine. Whereas you vapid drivel would more likely illicit payment for your silence.

#fakenews

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Takes all sorts.

Yes but life is so much easier if you pigeon hole people, then you don't have to deal with reality.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
So is everybody left-wing a Grauniad reader? Can't stand it myself.

Not everybody but most probably are. Guardianista - describes/parodies middle class left/liberals and their perceived liberal agenda.
Seen as living in places like islington, stereotypically wear sandals, eat muesli, and have beards.

I don't mind it as it's useful to know what the enemy are thinking.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Not everybody but most probably are. Guardianista - describes/parodies middle class left/liberals and their perceived liberal agenda.
Seen as living in places like islington, stereotypically wear sandals, eat muesli, and have beards.

You don't think some of these traits are rooted about thirty years ago? Lots of people eat muesli now, I believe. I do, most mornings. I have no beard though :( Maybe it's easier to group people together under a label though, rather thank think of them as individuals?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

You surely don't subscribe to that nonsense do you? :facepalm::lolol:

35 years ago when I worked briefly for a publisher, my line manager could not get his head around the fact I was a donkey jacket wearing son of toil who read the Daily Mirror, on the one hand, yet every other Thursday I could be found at lunch, tittering over Bron Waugh's column in Private Eye. The fallacy of pidgeon holing . . . not even pidgeons live in holes these days :lolol:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Absolutely - my wife reads The Grauniad on a Saturday and she is far from left-wing. I would consider myself left-wing but the sight of another Yotam Ottolenghi piece about peas fills me with dread :)

Yotam is there. Constantly there. I've tried about two of his recipes and they're delicious and I repeat them, but that's two out of about two thousand that I've been exposed to, and most of them I look at and think, yup, sounds great but really, I don't quite have the time.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

PS I hate liberals, but not quite as much as your lot. So what precisely is it that I'm thinking. I wear sandals occasionally in the summer, eat muesli about four or five times a year, live in Brighton, have a bit of stubble at the mo but will shear it off before it becomes anything remotely like I'm a wannabe terrorist, and am extremely tiddly at present. Again, what is it that I'm thinking?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Everything that is wrong with modern day politics summed up with two words in context :facepalm:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Everything that is wrong with modern day politics summed up with two words in context :facepalm:

Yup. Tribalism is taking EVERYONE down the drain. Red vs. Blues. Them vs. Us. Winning points at PMQs. It's ****ing playground stuff, embarrassing.

ringmerseagulltoo

Feb 16, 2012
"This is from today's Daily Mail."

That surely is the problem. Why is anyone reading it in the first place?

Don't read it, don't get wound up by all of their obnoxious point scoring.

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014

Bruno?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
#fakenews

That would be what you spout, about my post being hatefull. Bad taste or edgy but not hatefull, that would be your motives for posting here.

Oh and is this you trying to be ironic?

"Yes but life is so much easier if you pigeon hole people, then you don't have to deal with reality. "

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003

Being a bit of a sensitive snowflake here, again. Or can you explain what is wrong with combative terms which you use easily.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

It was meant humorously :facepalm: Perhaps I should have added a :D

Also attributed to some Guardianista/middle class left/liberals types. ... lacking humour/ keen to take offence. :D:D

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
You don't think some of these traits are rooted about thirty years ago? Lots of people eat muesli now, I believe. I do, most mornings. I have no beard though :( Maybe it's easier to group people together under a label though, rather thank think of them as individuals?

You can't stereotype individuals FFS! :lol:

And whatever ANY of us may claim, we are ALL guilty of stereotyping.

Chris001

Mar 30, 2011
In my view John Harris nails the whole alt-right response (in which Hopkins plays a starring role):

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/mar/24/britain-alt-right-populists

None of this, incidentally, is intended to suggest that what happened on Wednesday, or on 7 July 2005, or any of the cases in which the security services have frustrated terror plots, are not frightening beyond words, or that Islamist extremism is not an evil that has to be confronted, again and again...but the actions of a lone murderer do not say anything about religious communities that comprise millions of people; whatever its tensions, Britain is really not a hair’s breadth away from some giant social meltdown.

Ha,
I wonder where John Harris grew up? where he lives now? where his kids go to school? maybe private medical insurance too? I wonder?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here