Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Aston Villa Loyalty Points Allocation

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
Please please please can the club stagger the sales of tickets for Aston Villa away a bit better than they have done for the Norwich game? Starting at 1150+ is ok but then dropping by over 100 points to 1050 is a big gap? People could have been to 7 or 8 away games season and are stuck on 1140 tickets and will be in the lottery in the 2nd wave of sales with people that may have only done the 2 home cup games and maybe one away game – surely a fairer way is to drop say 10-20 points a day ?

Albion_Dave

Jul 4, 2011
Eastbourne
I suppose it really depends on the confirmed allocation when it comes through.

I do agree though that the drop is sometimes too big. Even a drop of 50 points would be a fairer way.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
With Norwich being a Friday night and on TV they probably weren't too worried about the demand. What were the drops for Brentford away as that was probably the most in demand game for the lowest allocation?

Albion_Dave

Jul 4, 2011
Eastbourne
With Norwich being a Friday night and on TV they probably weren't too worried about the demand. What were the drops for Brentford away as that was probably the most in demand game for the lowest allocation?

I think it started at 1130 but can't remember what the next level was.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
QPR was 1130 and then 1080.

Not sure why different for Norwich.

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
Brentford started at 1150+ points then went down 50 points to 1100+ the away end was sold out before it got to the 3rd wave at 1050. Allocation was 1610.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Worry about it when we know what our allocation is (and possibly significance of match).. there's been a fair few rumours of it being fairly large

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
I prefer the big gap for Norwich as it means I can get a ticket in the 2nd batch released and it allows me to build up my loyalty points. Now I know the system, I will be hoping for a lot of home cup games next year and will go to them all.

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
Unlikely. More administration for the club (at cost) and harder for friends to get tickets together...There's no solution that suits everyone unfortunately

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
With you on this. Anyone on 1150 deserve first shout for Norwich, but I'm on 1147 having been to 6 away (and two more booked) plus the EFL Cup at the Amex. Missing that FA Cup v MK Dons has cost me dearly. Should be dropped by smaller points. Friday morning is going to be a free for all scramble.

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
With you on this. Anyone on 1150 deserve first shout for Norwich, but I'm on 1147 having been to 6 away (and two more booked) plus the EFL Cup at the Amex. Missing that FA Cup v MK Dons has cost me dearly. Should be dropped by smaller points. Friday morning is going to be a free for all scramble.

No point having a Loyalty point system if someone that has been to one away game has the same chance as you is there ? Can't be that difficult for the club to administrate.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Please please please can the club stagger the sales of tickets for Aston Villa away a bit better than they have done for the Norwich game? Starting at 1150+ is ok but then dropping by over 100 points to 1050 is a big gap? People could have been to 7 or 8 away games season and are stuck on 1140 tickets and will be in the lottery in the 2nd wave of sales with people that may have only done the 2 home cup games and maybe one away game – surely a fairer way is to drop say 10-20 points a day ?

It's a fair point if the allocation is only small. Although personally I think the Norwich game is every bit as big as the Villa game so I was surprised that there were not more splits for the reasons you have said.

The loyalty scheme should reward STH's who have been to the most away games. In general I think it does, but can see how in your instance it seems a little unfair. Hopefully you will still get one tomorrow.

However it can cause problems with groups of friends that want to sit together

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Join the villa mailing list now.

Just in case like. :cool:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Please please please can the club stagger the sales of tickets for Aston Villa away a bit better than they have done for the Norwich game? Starting at 1150+ is ok but then dropping by over 100 points to 1050 is a big gap?

I would expect the starting point to be higher than 1150 given that the away game at QPR and Wolves will have been played before the Villa tickets go on sale ?

So a starting point of a least 1170.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I would expect the starting point to be higher than 1150 given that the away game at QPR and Wolves will have been played before the Villa tickets go on sale ?

So a starting point of a least 1170.

I'm not so sure I think they will be on sale the day before the QPR game, its usually a month before

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
What's the point I a loyalty scheme if one can not build up points as they are never allowed to buy a ticket?
It is just a tickets for the clique scheme.

You for real? I can't imagine apart from Brentford there are any games that you wouldnt have been able to get a ticket for....Oh yeah, you didn't wanna go to Rotherham on a Tuesday or Barnsley etc...... but you want to go to Villa and the points system is suddenly unfair?

You couldn't make it up!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
You for real? I can't imagine apart from Brentford there are any games that you wouldnt have been able to get a ticket for....Oh yeah, you didn't wanna go to Rotherham on a Tuesday or Barnsley etc...... but you want to go to Villa and the points system is suddenly unfair?

You couldn't make it up!

I think some people are trying though.

Fact is you can't please all the people all of the time. At this end of the season, people should've have built up their points, it's not as if our promotion bid has come round all of a sudden!!

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Not worried about Villa. We will have a large allocation which I base on the fact Villa fans will have no interest in this match at all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here