Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Travel back from the Amex

jtseagull

Apr 9, 2015
Hi me and the family including young children will be at the Blackburn game. We have a choice of either the Bridge Car Park or the Racecourse Park and Ride. Can anybody give me an idea of which is likely to get me back in my car and on the road quickest?? I have used the car park before, and it took me an hour to get out, therefore is the Park and Ride likely to be quicker over all?? Thanks

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
If you're in the east lower and leg it bang on the whistle you'll get one of the first buses and it will be quicker.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
You will have trouble getting an answer, as anyone who uses one consistently is not going to know much about the other.

I would suggest using the racecourse, for free, and use the cash saved, by not parking at the Bridge, to buy some sweets for the kids to keep them happy while you queue for the bus. On the other hand, if it is crappy weather, you might prefer to be queuing in your car at the Bridge, over queuing for the bus in the rain.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Even after an evening game, ie the busiest against Newcastle, I've never waited much more than 25 minutes to get back to the Racecourse.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Just leave on 80 minutes and you'll be fine wherever you've parked.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Hi me and the family including young children will be at the Blackburn game. We have a choice of either the Bridge Car Park or the Racecourse Park and Ride. Can anybody give me an idea of which is likely to get me back in my car and on the road quickest?? I have used the car park before, and it took me an hour to get out, therefore is the Park and Ride likely to be quicker over all?? Thanks

Given you have young children then i wudnt go for the Bridge car park...unless of course as another poster says u leave 80/85 mins

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Looks like I was wrong about knowledge of one being exclusive of knowledge of the other.

Bet he parks at the Bridge anyway.:lolol:

jtseagull

Apr 9, 2015
Hi Thunder Bolt, was that leaving on final whistle, so about 45 mins from stadium to Car?

BhafcBlues

Mar 7, 2016
Brighton
Would avoid bridge car park unless you're first car out, 10 minutes after the game it's rammed with cars and people trying to get out the single tunnel. Nightmare.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The Bridge CP is just a one person taking control difference from being adequate.

Sure the entrance/exit precludes it from being a well oiled machine but that doesn't mean it should be left to what will soon be fighting.

Because of work, I need to use it for 3pm Saturday kick offs. (so not often this season).

The last time I was there, the police were letting people straight out onto the main road which appeared to be a massive improvement.
That just leaves the stewarding at the gate.

If someone took control of that and the stewards there, the car park would be considerably better and safer.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Would avoid bridge car park unless you're first car out, 10 minutes after the game it's rammed with cars and people trying to get out the single tunnel. Nightmare.

Nothing a few extra barriers and some temporary timed traffic lights couldn't solve shirley? Give the cars a couple of minutes unobsructed run down to the tunnel or to go left towards Moulsecoomb, then do the same for pedestrians. Or is that too simple?

Jan 26, 2015
Berkshire
I use Bridge car park and never leave early. It's ok if you can get to the game early and park near the exit. I also try to minimise the amount of merging I need to do. That normally means parking in the row that runs parallel to the road coming up from the bridge. If I don't do that, it can take 1 hour plus to get out.

Last edited:

jtseagull

Apr 9, 2015
I think I will go with the Park and Ride, thanks for all the advice. How regular are the buses to the stadium prior to the game, and when does the last bus leave before the game?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Having used both it depends on if you get onto the first lot of p and r busses.

jtseagull

Apr 9, 2015
Hi 8049, what time would arriving early for the game mean? Would 1.30 generally be early enough to bag a decent space??

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
I think I will go with the Park and Ride, thanks for all the advice. How regular are the buses to the stadium prior to the game, and when does the last bus leave before the game?

Get to Mill Road 2 hours prior to kick off and you will be fine. It normally fills up about 1 and a half hours prior to kick off. I always aim for 1pm if 3pm kick off. Blackburn game will be very busy so perhaps get there 2h 15mins prior to game.

Jan 26, 2015
Berkshire
Hi 8049, what time would arriving early for the game mean? Would 1.30 generally be early enough to bag a decent space??

Not sure. I live near Reading and normally go to evening games. I leave stupidly early in case the M25 is screwed. On a good run down that gets me to the car park around 5.30 and the parking is ok. After 6 and it's starting to get fuller. I'd imagine you might need to be earlier on a Saturday as there's more pre-match stuff going on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here