Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

State Pension delay to age 70 for under 30's?

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
70 is the new 60 and by the time the under 30's get there it will be the new 50. People will live longer so by default will have to work longer

Unless you've never done a stroke of graft in your life,then the state will happily keep you,especially if you've just arrived at Heathrow.
Come one,come all,come fill your boots.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Think you should do your research first! Read the following consultation on a sustainable Civil Service Pension in 2011 (The consultation outcome was imposed btw)

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/...s-for-civil-servants-nhs-workers-and-teachers

the legislation shifts deck chairs about, but there are still 20%+ employer contributions, unfunded pension schemes and the public sector pensions not covered by civil service pension schemes to consider. of the key facts, £32bn in expediture and £1.1trillion liabilities should hightlight the problem.

sherrinned

Aug 12, 2003
West Worthing
Your public sector pension also has contributions made by your employer, the public sector, your portion of payments in is probably less than half of what goes into your public sector pension contributions.
General taxation is public funds.

Are you trying to say that public sector employees should work for free? After all their salaries are also paid from public funds. You reallyaren't a very pleasant person

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Are you trying to say that public sector employees should work for free? After all their salaries are also paid from public funds. You reallyaren't a very pleasant person

Please read the thread carefully. How on earth your mind can jump from public sector pensions are contributed to by public funds all the way to suggesting that public sector employees (of which I am one) should work for free, I have no idea.
You really aren't a very smart person

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here