Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dunky or Keane

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
How much money are you prepared to bet me on that - England call-ups for both Dunk and Stockdale? Really?

The envy and resentment (against Burnley) of SOME Brighton fans amazes me.

Not resentment against Burnley being a nothing club since Jimmy McIlroy was playing. But I can see Dunk getting in the squads very soon and on tonights showing Keane may figure next season more although I wouldn't play him on Sunday. As regards Stockdale he is a far better keeper than Heaton who is only in the squad because of injury to Butland and I believe the contender for the squad place with Stockdale will be Pickford of Sunderland.

Jan 10, 2014
Not resentment against Burnley being a nothing club since Jimmy McIlroy was playing. But I can see Dunk getting in the squads very soon and on tonights showing Keane may figure next season more although I wouldn't play him on Sunday. As regards Stockdale he is a far better keeper than Heaton who is only in the squad because of injury to Butland and I believe the contender for the squad place with Stockdale will be Pickford of Sunderland.

Why is Stockdale 'a far better keeper' than Heaton?

(This should be good)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Why is Stockdale 'a far better keeper' than Heaton?

(This should be good)

Even with only 376 I still expected better.

You started it so you better see this through, and not just run away laughing at the rest of us.

Oh and a little tip.
BG was one of Stockdales biggest critics when he was being called upon 10 times a game, every game.
He wanted rid of the liability.

Jan 10, 2014
His general command of his defence his agility and distribution oif the ball are in my mind superior to Heaton. He had his critics on here, me included, when he first signed but has confounded then and improved drastically

'His general command of defence'

Aye we made Heaton captain because of his non existent leadership qualities.

'his agility'

Heaton is not called Tom Cat for nothing.

'and distribution'

I have no idea what Stockdale's distribution is like, and I'll bet that you know nothing of Heaton's either.

I believe that Stockdale is a very good goalkeeper, but stats and career facts up to press (you know the only things we can go off unless you watch both week in week out) show that Stockdale isn't 'a far better keeper than Heaton'.

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
With Forster as the next choice as cover for injury to others.

So you are NOT prepared to put money where your MOUTH is?::)

I'll bet £50 NEITHER Dunk nor Stockdale receive an England call -you win the bet if even one of them does.:)

I don't think Stockdale will add to the solitary England "C" cap he won in 2004

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
So you are NOT prepared to put money where your MOUTH is?::)

I'll bet £50 NEITHER Dunk nor Stockdale receive an England call -you win the bet if even one of them does.:)

I don't think Stockdale will add to the solitary England "C" cap he won in 2004

I do not bet on anything and like everything else on here it is only an individuals opinion and I stick by my opinion that either one or both will get a call up which is different to what you are saying.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
'His general command of defence'

Aye we made Heaton captain because of his non existent leadership qualities.

'his agility'

Heaton is not called Tom Cat for nothing.

'and distribution'

I have no idea what Stockdale's distribution is like, and I'll bet that you know nothing of Heaton's either.

I believe that Stockdale is a very good goalkeeper, but stats and career facts up to press (you know the only things we can go off unless you watch both week in week out) show that Stockdale isn't 'a far better keeper than Heaton'.

I'll tell you distribution wise, Stockdale, does not have anyone who comes remotely close to him in this country as far as I've seen, and that includes any Man City goalie. He is probably one of the most accurate passers in our team.

I would say that Heaton commands his box better than Stocko, though agility wise they are similar........ all opinions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Absolutely. Some treat him on here like he's a rising youngster. Duffy is younger than Dunk too.

As I said in my post....he is no longer a novice....he is approaching full maturity as a player. The question re Dunk....is he improving sufficiently enough, season on season, to mark him down as a top PL defender and possible future International?

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I'll tell you distribution wise, Stockdale, does not have anyone who comes remotely close to him in this country as far as I've seen, and that includes any Man City goalie. He is probably one of the most accurate passers in our team.

I would say that Heaton commands his box better than Stocko, though agility wise they are similar........ all opinions.

Yep....and in my opinion, Stockdale makes more ' silly ' mistakes than Heaton and lacks the concentration levels to make it at the highest level.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
When did distribution become such a big thing with keepers?

Hugo Lloris can't kick for shit half the time and he is one of the best keepers in the world.

Thhinking about Heaton this season and the game against Man United was one of the best performances I have seen from a keeper in a while.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
When did distribution become such a big thing with keepers?

Hugo Lloris can't kick for shit half the time and he is one of the best keepers in the world.

Thhinking about Heaton this season and the game against Man United was one of the best performances I have seen from a keeper in a while.

Very debatable re Lloris, good shot stopper granted.

Neuer at Munich, Barcelona use their keeper as a sweeper, same as a number of continental teams, see also Hart situation. Italian teams as well.

Like it or not, it is a factor for teams these days and we have one of the best.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Man City are a good example they have replaced Hart with 2 keepers neither of whom are as good doing their major job of stopping shots but are slightly better as a 5th CB and they have suffered by this decision.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Very debatable re Lloris, good shot stopper granted.

Neuer at Munich, Barcelona use their keeper as a sweeper, same as a number of continental teams, see also Hart situation. Italian teams as well.

Like it or not, it is a factor for teams these days and we have one of the best.

I am not sure it is that wide spread?

I can't really think of more than a couple, where as only Lloris in the top 4 does the sweeper keeper thing, and even he has calmed down a bit.

Stockdale conceded one goal at Forest and should have been punished by Newcastle, so I don't think it is that important.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here