Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Germany vs England - tonight 7.45pm

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
England always do well in glamorous friendly's and qualifying for major tournaments.

It doesn't fool me anymore, the might of Iceland and the germans thumping us when it matters will happen again.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I can't help but think if we'd scored a few more goals last season that could be Dunky making his international debut instead of or alongside Keane

Not so sure, as posted on the other thread he has the potential but needs to cut out the silly mistakes - 13 bookings is a lot in one season.

Saying that the step up may have improved him/will improve him next year.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I think we would be even better if Kane was leading the line.Also the likes of sterling,Barkley & even Rooney playing off of the main striker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I think we would be even better if Kane was leading the line.Also the likes of sterling,Barkley & even Rooney playing off of the main striker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not often I agree with Harry Redknapp - but we need to be building the side around Barkley and Alli

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Germany do not take friendly matches seriously at all though.

I'm not totally convinced they take the qualifiers that seriously either. They did a lot of experimenting at the start of the last Euro qualifiers.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The Krauts are very poor tonight. Great England support as ever. Best in the world.

Best support in world? I suppose its a consolation when we can't say best team in the world, albeit irrelevant. Did I not hear some 'bomber' songs earlier, though? Hmmm. . . . apologies if I misheard.

Back to the footy, I loved it, Fluid, fluent, athletic and on occasion, Flairy. I'd love to see Vardy get one punk:

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
A lot of brighton fans there in Germany singing ' were on the way to the premier league' all credit due.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
It's a friendly, a reserve team and captained by Podooski who came out of retirement for a celebratory last game. What do you think?

I love how it is so black and white, if one team plays well the other must be shit or not trying. As they saying goes, you can only beat what is in front of you.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Obviously
The game is being played in Germany, not Central London

Probably more important things to worry about!

Being wise after the event.

Southgate himself said there's more important things than football and I wouldn't have been surprised if this had not been cancelled out of respect.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
It strikes me that we are flat out, Germany are about 33%.

oy7N94N.gif

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I love how it is so black and white, if one team plays well the other must be shit or not trying. As they saying goes, you can only beat what is in front of you.

But we are not beating them are we.
As Germany are not even trying if we were winning 3-0 then I would agree.
Embarrassing at the moment that we are playing as if it's a really important game, the Germans are not even breaking sweat and we still can't win.

(Watch England score now)
Edit: The Germans have scored,as usual we are crap.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here