Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Germany vs England - tonight 7.45pm

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
The Krauts really are annoying though aren't they.
Even when they can't be bothered they can still find that one piece of class to win, and it hurts even more as we have been really trying.
Sorry, it's embarrassing, I would rather get stuffed by a top side trying to win.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Everyone goes on that we have to start from scratch, do the German thing and in few years you never know. What's this, Southgate's 5th game and he has brought in new and younger players and they play well but still get slated. At least this game we didn't deserve to lose instead of deserving to lose.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
The Krauts really are annoying though aren't they.
Even when they can't be bothered they can still find that one piece of class to win, and it hurts even more as we have been really trying.
Sorry, it's embarrassing, I would rather get stuffed by a top side trying to win.

Makes it even worse when England fans result to chants of "have you ever won a war" another embarrassing night watching England

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Everyone goes on that we have to start from scratch, do the German thing and in few years you never know. What's this, Southgate's 5th game and he has brought in new and younger players and they play well but still get slated. At least this game we didn't deserve to lose instead of deserving to lose.

Very fair point, I did not look at it that way and England did play better tonight, but we really should have scored at least one.
But it has been poor for so long not sure I can wait another 5 years and even then we have no guarantees that it will be any better.

boik

Makes it even worse when England fans result to chants of "have you ever won a war" another embarrassing night watching England

Only because you choose to be embarrassed. I thought that was an encouraging performance. Southgate (and I'm not his biggest fan) is prepared to try something new and the players bought into it and made it work. Everyone worked hard, but according to the sages on here it's much better not to try. I can understand Herr T being so anti-England, but I would had thought some others could have been a bit more supportive of the manager and players. With fans like this there will be no-one left who wants to manage or play for England.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

All the time you have the FA and the Premier League, and for that matter the FL, pulling in very different directions with very different agendas you will not see any progress. I cannot see this changing in my life time.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Only because you choose to be embarrassed. I thought that was an encouraging performance. Southgate (and I'm not his biggest fan) is prepared to try something new and the players bought into it and made it work. Everyone worked hard, but according to the sages on here it's much better not to try. I can understand Herr T being so anti-England, but I would had thought some others could have been a bit more supportive of the manager and players. With fans like this there will be no-one left who wants to manage or play for England.

So it's the fans fault we are not that good as a nation? We last got to a final/won a tournament over 50 years ago.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I'm not anti-England. I am sick and tired of the nonsense and bull shit which goes with the national team though. And I have seen all these words, so called encouraging performances and new generations too many times. It's no coincidence that France put a philosophy and system in place via their top flight and national association and eventually won something. Ditto Spain. Ditto Germany. When the English FA last called for a "root-and-branch" investigation they didn't actually even get round to the research let alone put anything in place.

It's crap. And all the time people don't complain it will remain crap.

PS I have probably been to more England games home and away than you think.

boik

I'm not anti-England. I am sick and tired of the nonsense and bull shit which goes with the national team though. And I have seen all these words, so called encouraging performances and new generations too many times. It's no coincidence that France put a philosophy and system in place via their top flight and national association and eventually won something. Ditto Spain. Ditto Germany. When the English FA last called for a "root-and-branch" investigation they didn't actually even get round to the research let alone put something in place.

But why not support Gareth and the boys when they at least try something new. It's not their fault that the old farts are in charge. England did play pretty well, but no-one could bring themselves to say it, just said that Germany were not trying, the national team are an embarrassment, and some fans were singing nasty songs. I could count the positive posts on the fingers of one hand.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
A good England performance, but unless you put the ball in the net you know Germany will eventually score. Many times they do not deserve to win but manage to scrape through.
Well done England, some good individual performances and good support.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Really decent stuff from England tonight, I thought. With some more composure (Harry Kane?) in front of goal we'd have been out of sight in the early stages of the second half.

More of the same on Sunday, please.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
So... lost to a reserve team that barely broke out of a sweat. Good job boys.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
But why not support Gareth and the boys when they at least try something new. It's not their fault that the old farts are in charge. England did play pretty well, but no-one could bring themselves to say it, just said that Germany were not trying, the national team are an embarrassment, and some fans were singing nasty songs. I could count the positive posts on the fingers of one hand.

I hear what you're saying. I can't speak for everyone but personally, until something changes, I can't be arsed with it, and the hype, anymore. Yes I am negative but that's how I feel towards it. I hope you can see my point. I'll wish you well and stop here.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Really decent stuff from England tonight, I thought. With some more composure (Harry Kane?) in front of goal we'd have been out of sight in the early stages of the second half.

More of the same on Sunday, please.

What he said..

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here