Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Police office stabbed and assailant shot outside Parliament, Parliament in lockdown

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
That's a lovely idea but just doesn't stand up under scrutiny. Pretty much all religions have been involved in violence or aggression of some kind.

Even Buddhism: Look up buddhist nationalism in sri lanka or burma/myanmar.

People are violent. Religion or politics is just a label that people choose to perpetuate their violence.

A car drove into people outside a pub last night, in Islington. Knives were also involved. It wasn't religion based.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-39397669

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It's the fact that Islam is still growing in 2017 that says it all.

Most other religions are declining in numbers as people move away from religion into either mindsets of agnosticism or atheism.

Yet despite all the negativity and horrific acts associated with Islam it still grows in numbers.

Why is there no exodus of Muslims from Islam like other religions have experienced when those religions were involved in scandals etc?

To me that suggests even the "moderates" are fanatical followers when push comes to shove.
New people being born and brought up as Muslims doesn't say anything about fanatics. The Muslims I know are completely against isis and would condemn the attack in London and elsewhere - not that I've asked, it goes without saying.

Last edited:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
New people being born and brought up as Muslims doesn't say anything about fanatics. The Muslims I know are completely against isis and would condone the attack in London and elsewhere - not that I've asked, it goes without saying.

Condemn is the word you were looking for.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
<mod edit> image deleted. I see another mod has already banned you from this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I think you are out of touch with the mood of the country and in my view the cartoon is in poor taste

I think you bring little but sneer and complai. I do think I am in touch with most of the country, brexit vote shone a light onto that issue. The cartoon is on the money given what Jihadi Khan has said aboTrum.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
You're a wrong 'un.

<mod edit> OP removed

Last edited by a moderator:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The Star headlines are that he was a benefit cheat, so what: does it or did it make any difference

In a character profiling sense it makes a difference. A huge indicator of character. I doubt The Star ar coming at it from that angle though.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
For highlighting the problem and wanting to put a stop to it? I would say your the one with serious issues.:facepalm:

No, no. Quite right. credit where it's due. I think when people on NSC think of Looney they think "Always trying to put a stop to problems that one. A real man of the people. What would we do without him? The problems that Looney has solved". Gawd bless you Looney, solver of problems.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
No, no. Quite right. credit where it's due. I think when people on NSC think of Looney they think "Always trying to put a stop to problems that one. A real man of the people. What would we do without him? The problems that Looney has solved". Gawd bless you Looney, solver of problems.

And when they see you they think, Oh theres that unstable basketcase who keeps changing his name to try to avoid derision, who contributes nothing but snide abuse and will no doubt win a Darwin Award at some point in the future.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
People are violent. Religion or politics is just a label that people choose to perpetuate their violence.
Although this man had a violent past, I don't think that's an accurate description of other people who are fooled into killing themselves in the name of god.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
And when they see you they think, Oh theres that unstable basketcase who keeps changing his name to try to avoid derision, who contributes nothing but snide abuse and will no doubt win a Darwin Award at some point in the future.

Keeps changing his name? I genuinely haven't got a clue what you're on about. As for abuse and snidey comments? Well, we can get onto the pot and kettle situation another time, I'm off to the beer garden.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
For highlighting the problem and wanting to put a stop to it?
Could you say specifically what the problem is that you've highlighted, and what you're doing to put a stop to it?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
By doing what?

Do i really have to spell it out, the killer of Lee Rigby attended rallies and meetings of Anjem Choudary, photos showing him standing behind Choudary are proof.
Choudary, if i have to remind you has had groups closed down and is inside for insighting terrorism.
Leaders of radical groups had been given platforms to spout terrorism.
So these people " have contributed to the death of Lee Rigby and a fair few others".
The warnings were given years ago, so "doing what" is pretty clear from where i am sitting, stable door and horse spring to mind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here