Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Police office stabbed and assailant shot outside Parliament, Parliament in lockdown

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
i didn't think moderators were suppossed to fan the flames?

Anyway moving on from his crass display, what a thoroughly depressing incident. My thoughts are with the casualties and the emergency services these are horrible events to be involved in.

Tekanne

Feb 4, 2015
Quite unbelievable that people are using a horrible situation like this as a political point score. F***ing grow up.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Even as a wet leftie snowflake, Giraffe has got a point here. As soon as the story broke we probably all thought what was behind the attack, if that turns out to be true then let us not bury our heads in the sand. If it is a radical Islamic attack (yes, I have said it) then the issues within certain factions of the religion need to be tackled. In fact what will actually happen is people will spend more time and effort on facebook tonight defending Islam than condemning the attackers or giving their thoughts to the victims, now that is PROPER ****** up.

Can you not do both?
Surely it is right to both condemn the attackers but equally right not to condemn an entire religion based on a few extremists

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Quite unbelievable that people are using a horrible situation like this as a political point score. F***ing grow up.

It is happening from both sides of the political fence which is most disturbing. Sarcastic and flippant 'oh, it must be terrorist then' and 'I thought banning Kindles on planes would make the world safe' are ridiculous, people are seriously injured and dead ffs.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Amazing work by the police, security officers and ambulance teams to deal with the issue to keep casualties to a minimum. We are lucky to have such people amongst us.

Not such praise for those who decided to film/photograph the injured rather than try to help them.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Under normal circumstances absolutely.

But a charity bet speculating on the perpetrator of an act of terror/murder is sick.

You're right. I apologise for the suggestion of the bet.

But I stand by my general points.

Tekanne

Feb 4, 2015
It is happening from both sides of the political fence which is most disturbing. Sarcastic and flippant 'oh, it must be terorist then' and 'I thought banning Kindles on planes would make the world safe' are ridiculous, people are seriously injured and dead ffs.

Yep, agreed. My comment wasn't aimed at any particular side. Both are acting childish and with a serious lack of empathy.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Amazing work by the police, security officers and ambulance teams to deal with the issue to keep casualties to a minimum. We are lucky to have such people amongst us.

Not such praise for those who decided to film/photograph the injured rather than try to help them.

and the extraordinary response from MP Tobias Ellwood... despite the gun-fire, rushing to the assistance of and giving CPR to the police officer who was stabbed.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton

Or indeed for the prize bellend whose main concern was to get a selfie C7iT2jqXgAA0x2a.jpg

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The French prime minister Bernard Cazeneuve has just confirmed that French students are among those injured in Wednesday's incident.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Can you not do both?
Surely it is right to both condemn the attackers but equally right not to condemn an entire religion based on a few extremists

I agree, it is just that a lot of people post pro Islam stuff in order to gain social brownie points. What I am saying is that the reputation of the religion should be way down the pecking order of thoughts, that should be with the victims, families, police officers etc.

Or indeed for the prize bellend whose main concern was to get a selfie View attachment 83038

I may be completely off the mark here, and way out of order but I have a feeling that selfie will appear on some dodgy webpage in a few days.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Or indeed for the prize bellend whose main concern was to get a selfie View attachment 83038

Slightly disappointing he's not gone for a big 'Thumb's Up' shot though. This is a sad reflection on the modern world we live in in so many ways, starting with the evil *******s who perpetrated the attack.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
There are good reasons why we don't know yet, not least that the situation is still unfolding, and the priority is to contain it and reduce further risk.

This was my point, I think it's been taken that I meant the media would suppress it constantly but I meant while all this is unfolding, people in the media have a responsibility not to cause bigger problems by name calling, especially when they have poorly made the decision to do so in the past (see above post).

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I may be completely off the mark here, and way out of order but I have a feeling that selfie will appear on some dodgy webpage in a few days.

I suspect the idiot will be traced, named and shamed. He's a complete dickwad, but what's coming to him will probably be out of proportion to his dickwaddishness.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here