Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Police office stabbed and assailant shot outside Parliament, Parliament in lockdown

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The woman who died has been named.

Aysha Frade, 43 is the first member of the public to be identified as a victim.
The mother-of-two was reportedly crossing Westminster Bridge to collect her children from school when she was killed.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
On the one hand you seem to be saying there is some justification for what happened yesterday, with the "what's been done to the Middle east in recent decades" bit.

But on the other hand, if the "1000s celebrating under their breath" comment refers to people in this country, I think you have got it horribly wrong. All the Muslims I know will be devastated, in turmoil and deeply worried at the moment.

Sadly, I think he has got it horribly right. So "all the muslims you know" are indignant, are they? Whilst I fully accept what you write as being true, how many do you know and do they come from muslim-dominated areas of London and Birmingham. That statement is rather meaningless.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
3 French, 2 Romanians, 4 SKoreans, 1 German, 1 Pole, 1 Irish, 1 Chinese, 1 Italian, 1 American, 2 Greeks among injured on Westminster Bridge

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
The woman who died has been named.

Aysha Frade, 43 is the first member of the public to be identified as a victim.
The mother-of-two was reportedly crossing Westminster Bridge to collect her children from school when she was killed.

Oh that is terrible, I just can't imagine what you say to your children..

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
3 French, 2 Romanians, 4 SKoreans, 1 German, 1 Pole, 1 Irish, 1 Chinese, 1 Italian, 1 American, 2 Greeks among injured on Westminster Bridge

If only the last 5 words could be swapped with:-

walked into a bar.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Wow! You judge people based on their beards? There's gonna be some hipsters absolutely cacking themselves!
Yep. Bruno is the first one into the interview room ;)

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
On the one hand you seem to be saying there is some justification for what happened yesterday, with the "what's been done to the Middle east in recent decades" bit.

But on the other hand, if the "1000s celebrating under their breath" comment refers to people in this country, I think you have got it horribly wrong. All the Muslims I know will be devastated, in turmoil and deeply worried at the moment.

Sadly I doubt he has. Polling after 7/7 suggested otherwise it's possible attitudes of a small but significant minority has changed but I doubt it.

Have you ever discussed 9/11 with your Muslim friends? According to the polling getting on for 50% of UK Muslims think 9/11 was a US/Zionist conspiracy.

http://www.channel4.com/news/articl...lik+analysis+of+the+muslim+survey/158240.html

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Theresa May has confirmed the attacker was British.

And already known to security services..........just like most of the recent terror attacks across Europe, including the murder of Lee Rigby.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
And already known to security services..........just like most of the recent terror attacks across Europe, including the murder of Lee Rigby.

I'm simply posting what I've heard with my own ears. BBC1 is showing the House of Commons live. I'll leave the conjecture to others.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006

He was investigated by MI5 "some years ago" and was not part of the current intelligence picture. Unfortunately we* don't have the limitless resources to pursue and track every individual who has ever aroused suspicion. It's just not possible, especially if they've kept a low profile recently, not done anything to attract attention, and then launch a very low tech attack.

*no, I don't mean we as in me personally!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here