Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Police office stabbed and assailant shot outside Parliament, Parliament in lockdown

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Should we not all follow the police example and to not speculate about this incident.

Exactly and our thoughts should be with those who have been seriously injured and the two who have died. I just hope it is an isolated incident and there aren't others planned.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
and the extraordinary response from MP Tobias Ellwood... despite the gun-fire, rushing to the assistance of and giving CPR to the police officer who was stabbed.
Yes, absolutely. I think we all find hidden reserves when faced with such a situation. good for him.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
A vehicle used in a suspected terrorist attack outside the Houses of Parliament has been linked to Chelmsford.

A black Hyundai i40, registration EX66 RWO crashed into the railings outside Westminster Palace this afternoon (March 22).

Although the car was registered to Chelmsford in September 2016, the identity of the driver is still not known.

Read more at http://www.essexlive.news/car-invol...0221943-detail/story.html#f0T2wU3s2bzCRmCL.99

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Fatalities and injured children was truly horrible news to come home to.

Hopefully, no more tragic news to come.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Terrible. Feel for people making their way out of London tonight, that will be a very nerve wracking commute.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
RIP to those involved.
Thank God for Brexit when all this will stop..

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Recent Vehicular Terror Attacks:
•Jerusalem, Israel: 8/1/17
•Berlin, Germany: 19/12/16
•Ohio State: 28/11/16
•Nice, France: 14/7/16

Seems to be an increasing trend sadly. And very little that security forces can do about it. Too easy for a lone or small group of terrorists to do.

half time scores

Mar 19, 2012
Lounging-on-the-chintz
Sad news. Hoped he/she would pull through. The police do a ridiculously brave job.

Absolutely this.

I started a thread regarding an attempt to kill police officers in Northern Ireland, There have been only two replies, no condemnation for this attempted terrorist attack on here.

Why is this?

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
The only good thing about this awful attack, the casualties involved seem not as bad as what happened in France and Belgium recently.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The only good thing about this awful attack, the casualties involved seem not as bad as what happened in France and Belgium recently.

Still several hundred people involved directly either as victims, witnesses or emergency services and all their families. Their lives will never be he same because of the cowardly act of people willing to drive a vehicle deliberately into innocent people including children. Disgusting.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Absolutely this.

I started a thread regarding an attempt to kill police officers in Northern Ireland, There have been only two replies, no condemnation for this attempted terrorist attack on here.

Why is this?

It has been overtaken by matters closer to home.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Absolutely this.

Why is this?
Hundreds of people die daily across the world in terrorist attacks, but people only take notice when it's on their doorstep.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I was cycling back to Tommy's around 3.50, and there were dozens of police cars and ambulances everywhere. Never seen anything like it. This episode is not going to end well.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Terrible. Feel for people making their way out of London tonight, that will be a very nerve wracking commute.

Just left Victoria & often change at Westminster tube (tho not tonight, it's closed). Was certainly more of a relief than usual when the train left but otherwise everyone's just cracking on with it. Heightened police presence though.

Shocking incident otherwise, thoughts with the bereaved families.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Does anyone know where I can get a Union Jack overlay for my Facebook profile pic? #prayforlondon

If you're being facetious you're a complete cock. If you're being serious you're a complete cock. Unbelievable, some people.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Hundreds of people die daily across the world in terrorist attacks, but people only take notice when it's on their doorstep.

Stupid comment. it is inevitable that anything on your doorstep would have more effect than an incident thousands of miles away. What else do you expect?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here