Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace make £7m loss in 2016

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Leicester being a financial case in point.
Income in 2013/14 £31m, to 2014/15 in £104m (the old Sky contract), turning a £20m loss into a £31m profit.

The combined financial brains of TB and PB could work wonders with £125m turnover.

Leicester's income of £31m in 2013/14 compares well to the £19m they generated (whilst also in the Championship) in 2012/13. The increase was due to the club signing an agreement with a company called Trestellar, who managed to triple commercial income from £5m to £15m with some sponsorship agreements in Thailand (where Leicester's owners are based). Trestellar have a registered address in an office block in Sheffield, but there is no evidence of them actually occupying premises there. They have no phone number or website. They are run by the son and daughter of Sir Dave Richards, the former PL chairman, who is friendly with the LCFC owners.

The additional monies generated by Leicester from these sponsorship agreements allowed the club to claim to comply with FFP the year they were promoted to the Premier League. Leicester (as are QPR) are now in dispute with the Football League over the legality of FFP.

Leicester Dispute with Football League note.PNG

Dave Richards senior is also quite well known for some of his comments about Hillsborough, whose comments were in line with those of The Sun. He also fell into a fountain in Qatar shortly after berating the authorities there in relation to their approach to alcohol.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Did we know that Parish is a Director of a company called Smoke and Mirrors Group Ltd?

Back in the day (2011) when I worked for his company (TAG:Worldwide), this company was just a digital design studio. No idea what it is now.

Return of the Makh

May 11, 2014
Another thread about us, the bitterness continues in spades!

Let's be honest chaps, if we stay up and you do come up then you're getting absolutely done by us next season. The days of Pardew are now long gone and we are now a well drilled unit under Allardyce. Your team of Championship journeymen won't be able to live with us :wave:

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia

Let's be honest chaps, if we stay up and you do come up then you're getting absolutely done by us next season. The days of Pardew are now long gone and we are now a well drilled unit under Allardyce. Your team of Championship journeymen won't be able to live with us :wave:

Fat Sam is a half-season wonder, as his stint at Sunderland showed. Expecting your team to be barely above the relegation zone next season (or even better, plunge down!)

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Amazing how you all start to re-appear now you've won a couple. Why didn't we see or hear from you for months?

Even by your own phuckwittery standards it confirms that you lot are generation snowflake personified.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
What you fail to grasp is the gulf in money between the PL and the championship.
We paid out £70 mill on wages on a £100 mill turnover, you paid out £24 mill on wages on a £25 mill turnover.
Uncle Tone would give his right arm for a £5 mill loss a season.

You lot still don't understand where our losses are coming from do you?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Back in the day (2011) when I worked for his company (TAG:Worldwide), this company was just a digital design studio. No idea what it is now.

Still the same I believe.

TAG Worldwide was bought out by Williams Lea back in 2010 ish I think.
Williams Lea rebranded as Williams Lea Tag last year.

Edit: oops I see this has already been answered.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
It's like one of those lottery winners who somehow manage to end up skint a year or two after being handed £10m. Or David Haye.

Moral of the story, don't give thick, classless chavs money because they just blow it on crap and end up with nothing to show for it.

Made me laugh so hard I just had to repeat it! "Many a true word spoken in jest"!!!!!

theboybilly

Like Burnley....and Leicester?

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

If we were to get promoted to the Premier League we would be so blinded by the lightshow, so excited by the glamorous cheerleaders, so stunned by the glittering surroundings at Selhurst, so amazed by the organised fan spectaculars and so star struck by Damien Delaney and Jason Puncheon that we will just be happy to tell our grandchildren that we once played against you.

What could possibly go wrong? Europe is, once again, a certainty.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
If we were to get promoted to the Premier League we would be so blinded by the lightshow, so excited by the glamorous cheerleaders, so stunned by the glittering surroundings at Selhurst, so amazed by the organised fan spectaculars and so star struck by Damien Delaney and Jason Puncheon that we will just be happy to tell our grandchildren that we once played against you.

What could possibly go wrong? Europe is, once again, a certainty.

All well and good but we're going down . So you will have to tell the grandchildren about all the big teams visiting good old Brighton just for the season .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here