Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace make £7m loss in 2016

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Comparable to PB's £578,000.

Not disimilar sized businesses in a way, if the freakishly high PL TV income element is put to one side.

I have no issue with what Palace pay their executives. Paul Barber is a professional football administrator though.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The Premier League being paved with profits is a myth. Research by a football finance DULLARD at some university or other has revealed that 15 Premier League clubs have to date reported their results for last season. Together those clubs generated revenue of just over £3 billion, paid out of wages of £1,609,000,000 (and cladding costs of £129,000), but managed to make a collective loss of over £89 million.

Not sure it can be called a myth, when:

1) 9/15 did make a profit.
2) 168% of your combined loss figure is contributed by Chelsea and Villa - two basket case clubs, although in very different ways.

Beyond that, he clubs that we'd all probably like to consider as being similar sized to the Albion all seemed to be doing very nicely thank you very much.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
How much cash is in the bank account? I don't really understand all the account entries but you can run at a loss and still have cash in bank / hand.

£8 million cash in the bank. Best to file under #EesComplicated

Palace BS 2016.JPG

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I have no issue with what Palace pay their executives. Paul Barber is a professional football administrator though.

I realise you weren't debating this, but I have no issue with PB or his remuneration package. I think he's done a good job, and takes the flak from the moaners on decisions made by the Board including TB.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

2) 168% of your combined loss figure is contributed by Chelsea and Villa - two basket case clubs, although in very different ways.

Beyond that, he clubs that we'd all probably like to consider as being similar sized to the Albion all seemed to be doing very nicely thank you very much.

A lot of the figures are very erratic because of the way that player sale profits are booked. Collectively that generated £244 million of profit for PL clubs.

I'm just trying to point out that those who think that TB will get a return on his investment IF we are promoted are wrong, although at least he won't be having to subsidise the Albion to the tune of £500k a week as he did last season.

I agree with you about the basket cases, but the median profit, which could be seen to be more realistic, of £2.87 million isn't a great return for someone who will have put probable close to £300 million into the club by the end of this season.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I realise you weren't debating this, but I have no issue with PB or his remuneration package. I think he's done a good job, and takes the flak from the moaners on decisions made by the Board including TB.
There;s no way PB earns anywhere near the amount of cash he should.

Every time he's forced to answer yet another myopic email sent from the delusional keyboard of a blithering idiot, Mr Barber should receive an extra pound.

That would take his salary well into the 7 figure bracket.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Leicester being a financial case in point.
Income in 2013/14 £31m, to 2014/15 in £104m (the old Sky contract), turning a £20m loss into a £31m profit.

The combined financial brains of TB and PB could work wonders with £125m turnover.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A lot of the figures are very erratic because of the way that player sale profits are booked. Collectively that generated £244 million of profit for PL clubs.

I'm just trying to point out that those who think that TB will get a return on his investment IF we are promoted are wrong, although at least he won't be having to subsidise the Albion to the tune of £500k a week as he did last season.

I agree with you about the basket cases, but the median profit, which could be seen to be more realistic, of £2.87 million isn't a great return for someone who will have put probable close to £300 million into the club by the end of this season.

The very least the grateful fans would like to see is that TB doesn't have to pump another penny into the club, IF we get promoted.

Or even to be paid modest interest on his debt .... but no doubt some would complain!

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
As far as I'm aware we haven't breached ffp so all is well .

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
So over nearly 4 seasons the investment in Selhurst from nearly £3-400m quid of income is £105K in cladding, improved floodlights, some bits and bobs for media gantrys etc.
Anything else ?

They replaced the wooden seats in the Arthur Wait with plastic ones.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
As far as I'm aware we haven't breached ffp so all is well .

There is the short term cost control rules under FFP that you may be very close to though, or possibly in breach of. Cannot tell from those figures though. (This is the rule that states that you can only spend £xm of the tv revenue money on player wages - the £xm changes every season and depends what your wage spend was the previous year. All a bit convoluted. You can spend more than £xm as long as you can show that the additional above £xm is from your own revenue and not from tv money). I seem to remember that there was some concern about this within the club not that long ago, but I am probably wrong.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
There is the short term cost control rules under FFP that you may be very close to though, or possibly in breach of. Cannot tell from those figures though. (This is the rule that states that you can only spend £xm of the tv revenue money on player wages - the £xm changes every season and depends what your wage spend was the previous year. All a bit convoluted. You can spend more than £xm as long as you can show that the additional above £xm is from your own revenue and not from tv money). I seem to remember that there was some concern about this within the club not that long ago, but I am probably wrong.

Allardyce himself mentioned the wage ceiling in January as being an issue preventing him recruiting.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
As someone else with 'additional cladding' once said:

'It costs a lot of money to look this cheap'

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Leicester being a financial case in point.
Income in 2013/14 £31m, to 2014/15 in £104m (the old Sky contract), turning a £20m loss into a £31m profit.

The combined financial brains of TB and PB could work wonders with £125m turnover.

Yet amazingly in about 6 weeks time this board will (hopefully) be full of posters suggesting TB signs the likes of £80k a week Defoe.

All these years and yet not a clue as to how the club is managed.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yet amazingly in about 6 weeks time this board will (hopefully) be full of posters suggesting TB signs the likes of £80k a week Defoe.

All these years and yet not a clue as to how the club is managed.

The unrealistic moaning and PB hating in that scenario, would be more than tempered by finally getting that promotion. Fingers and everything crossed.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Allardyce himself mentioned the wage ceiling in January as being an issue preventing him recruiting.
Why don't you ban me from this thread as well you cretin that can't handle the truth

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here