Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beauty and the Beast

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
I really didn't like it, except for Lumiere and Cogsworth, but I'm glad others did, I rather like the current Disney output of reworked classics.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I thought it was a bit short, there didn't seem to be too much interaction of any real depth between Belle and the Beast. She just fell in love with him because of the books really, which is weak. I didn't think it was as good as the original, despite being pretty much just the original film again.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Went with the mrs, my 2 girls (13 & 10) and 15 year old son..
I had no great expectation and was there a little on sufferance

We all thought it was brilliant.
First film I've seen for a while, where the audience spontaneously applauded at the end.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
The list of things Brighton and Hove don't have is rather long. It's only had a Football Stadium worthy of a City for five years.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed it. Not the perfect remake, and it took a while to get over Hermione trying to be Belle, but overall, like I say, I enjoyed it.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I thought it was a bit short, there didn't seem to be too much interaction of any real depth between Belle and the Beast. She just fell in love with him because of the books really, which is weak. I didn't think it was as good as the original, despite being pretty much just the original film again.

She does that in the original film. That, plus he saves her life. Women get all emotional about that kinda stuff.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I can confirm it is just as good in 2D as IMAX!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Whatever happened to men arm wrestling and beating their chests?

There is some of that as well. In fact there is a whole scene and number dedicated to men like that :wink::wink:

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
Sounds like a good film... would it be appropriate for a four year old or are there scary bits?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Film of the year so far for me. Absolutely brilliant and I will certainly be heading for a second and probably third viewing.

Emma Watson would get it in every which way imaginable as well

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I just saw it tonight, thought it was very good, a bit of a cheesy Les Mis which is fine by me, although I don't think Emma Watson is a particularly good actress, a bit too bland for my liking. All the utensils and furniture were wonderfully animated and acted, the real stars of the film and the beast was very well done too

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here