Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Martin McGuinness Dead

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It is disgraceful that this thread has been removed from the Main Board, could there be an explanation posted?

I think it is a disgrace that I had to move it. NSC members should be allowed to say what they want about McGuinness.

But when people stick up messages wishing one of our own players a career ending injury, there is no place for such stuff on the main board.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
I think it is a disgrace that I had to move it. NSC members should be allowed to say what they want about McGuinness.

But when people stick up messages wishing one of our own players a career ending injury, there is no place for such stuff on the main board.

The same could be said for any thread where a third party ruins it with abuse. Would it not be better to deal with the posters involved and leave the thread on the main board?

sherbert

Oct 11, 2008
I'd already edited it as I didnt want to argue. The broadsheets today are showing both sides so I've interest in reading both with an open mind as I was never affected either side of the conflict. This is a Brighton & Hove Albion board so seeing a N. Irish seagull tweet about his someone that has made a big impact on his life - and he was only 2 when the 1994 ceasefire started - does not make him an IRA sympathiser in my view - and for people to wish him ill because of the life he was bought up in is wrong, and not fit for this board (not aimed at you).

I think today is a day of education. Time for some sun.

Would never had you down as the sort of fella to read The Sun .....:lolol:

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington

Wishing a cruciate injury on a footballer is clearly far worse than murdering children, I don't care if I get a ban but you sir, are a cock...

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Would never celebrate someone's death although 66 is too young these days. It's the victims I remember that they showed on the news.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Wishing a cruciate injury on a footballer is clearly far worse than murdering children, I don't care if I get a ban but you sir, are a cock...

Where did I say that or anything similar? Show me the evidence and you can avoid a ban.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Anybody that says he is not a terrorist need to take a long hard look at themselves. Plenty of friends who served in the army spent time in NI. The storys they tell aren't nice.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
image.jpg

Just seen this, something to think about.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I obviously didn't serve in the military, but the IRA did have an attempt in blowing me up.

Quite randomly I was living in a street in Warrington just down from the gas works. The attempt that often goes forgotten because of what they did later in the shopping centre.

I was in my early 20s but it did somewhat crystallise in my mind what these people were about. There was as Irish club in the next street. This was the North West remember. I was college at the time with loads of Irish people from both sides of the border. All getting on and then subsequently subjected to attacks. I seem to recall someone trying to set light to someone's room in a hall of residence.

So personally won't be mourning his death. It wasn't my argument but in the 20th century I was obviously considered collateral damage alongside his other countrymen.

I have equal disregard for those in government in the 80s who were quite happy to tell us all that we will not negotiate with terrorists but were actually attempting to do so behind the scenes.

Just be thankful that he changed his mind and realised that was a shit way to carry on. Just be thankful that John Major bit his tongue.

Tonight I'm thinking of Colin Parry. He used his son's death to campaign for peace not revenge. What a man.

That's who the media should be talking about today.

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here