Portsmouth FC......Mickey Mouse Club

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Sure, I can well believe that SOME Albion fans hate Pompey more than Palace, and that could be a proximity thing if you're in the west of the county.

But we're talking "traditional rivals". They have never been our traditional rivals. Any football fan who truly knows his spuds would say its Pompey/Southampton and Brighton/Palace. At no point did we "switch" from a Pompey rivalry as such, its just never been there.

Ive lived BN1, BN2 & 3 all my life I'm 48 and promise you I hate PFC more than I hate Palace......

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Another Pompey hater here. I hope they stay down forever (with Luton)

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
They are our traditionally historic rivals not CPFC, I am like you love to see them losing and struggling.

Well, for the first nearly forty years of our existence, we were in Division 3 (South). Apart from a couple of years in the early 1920s, before they got promoted to Division 2, and later the 1st. division, they weren't even in the same league as us (or probably more accurate to say that we weren't in the same league as them, what with them winning FA Cups and that).
Historic rivals?............nah!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Were there ever any anti-Pompey chants going up at the Goldstone prior to the Palace rivalry ? Bet there weren't.

There were. They were detested when I first went to the Goldstone in the late 60s. The fact we never played them was irrelevant. It didn't help in the early 70s when Pompey were on Southern Soccer every Sunday, with pointy nose Ray Hiron and bandy legged Albie McCann huffing and puffing about on our black and white telly. The Dirty Basterds! :lolol:

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
Having read the posts this fine morning and as we have weekend off due to our International break. The #twats down the A27 have to play yet another bottom league fixture I think almost to a man (and woman) we dislike the #twats either by historical rivalry or otherwise. This is surely the main point and long may it continue.

D

Deleted member 2719

Ive lived BN1, BN2 & 3 all my life I'm 48 and promise you I hate PFC more than I hate Palace......

Another Pompey hater here. I hope they stay down forever (with Luton)

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

There were. They were detested when I first went to the Goldstone in the late 60s. The fact we never played them was irrelevant. It didn't help in the early 70s when Pompey were on Southern Soccer every Sunday, with pointy nose Ray Hiron and bandy legged Albie McCann huffing and puffing about on our black and white telly. The Dirty Basterds! :lolol:

Having read the posts this fine morning and as we have weekend off due to our International break. The #twats down the A27 have to play yet another bottom league fixture I think almost to a man (and woman) we dislike the #twats either by historical rivalry or otherwise. This is surely the main point and long may it continue.

All great points well made. :clap:punk:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
When I ran The Silver Horseshoes in Midhurst late 90s most of the locals supported Portsmouth and our regulars. Well twice a week included John Westwood and Dave the man who bangs the drum. Whenever they left I spent thd next day removing sticky labels with ' Play up Pompey' on them that had been stuck in the most obscure places. In fairness to them both they entered into friendly banter with me. Probably cos I was the governor.

To my shame in the 50s/60s I used to go to BHA home games and when they were away either to Worthing (Reggie Bowles Alfie Bloom etc) or to Portsmouth to see the big clubs in fact I was there, think it was v Spurs but not 100% certain, the day Ron Saunders landed on the pitch by helicopter and signed for them pre game.

Last edited:

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Portsmouth fans have admitted that they're starting to get fed up with soulless long trips up to Accrington, Carlisle and Morecambe. I suppose they've served their time. It would be funny though if they balls up promotion. :lolol:
F c u k em. Hate pompey.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
They would be better off having trips to Gateshead, Guiseley and Barrow.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
When I ran The Silver Horseshoes in Midhurst late 90s most of the locals supported Portsmouth and our regulars. Well twice a week included John Westwood and Dave the man who bangs the drum. Whenever they left I spent thd next day removing sticky labels with ' Play up Pompey' on them that had been stuck in the most obscure places. In fairness to them both they entered into friendly banter with me. Probably cos I was the governor.

To my shame in the 50s/60s I used to go to BHA home games and when they were away either to Worthing (Reggie Bowles Alfie Bloom etc) or to Portsmouth to see the big clubs in fact I was there, think it was v Spurs but not 100% certain, the day Ron Saunders landed on the pitch by helicopter and signed for them pre game.

Shame on you.:facepalm:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that this group will invest in players and they will be pushing for promotion again this season much as it grieves me to say so. I have said many times an ideal club for Rohan Ince and Kazenga Lua Lua to join.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Who's this new bloke then ? An international illegal arms dealer or a human trafficker and drugs baron.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
A Senior man at Disney apparently with a wealthy consortium. On the back of Arry winning the cup and their subsequent down fall I can understand his consortium saying they are 'sleeping giants' . who could awake. as opposed to many like Reading who have been so classified.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
This is going to go one way.....isn't it? I thought they would never relinquish majority shareholding without a supporters representative on the board of directors, or am I reading this wrong. Am I right in thinking they will now have no say in the running of the club? If so I have no sympathy for them where at one point I almost had a little respect for their "fans run" club!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here