Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chuba Akpom: Evaluation Thus Far?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
OK, know it's it's tempting fate and he'll now go on and score the goal that guarantees us promotion, but...

What's your evaluation of the little of him that you've seen thus far?

For me, he's a bit of a big lump of limited effectiveness in the COG, Hemed mould. As unlikely to make the grade at Arsenal as Wilson was to make the grade at ManU.

And if it makes you happier... :fishing:

Or just something new to discuss on a dull Monday afternoon :shrug:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Wasn't expecting much when he arrived because his goal stats were horrific. Hasn't really convinced me yet. He will never be good enough for Arsenal

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
OK, know it's it's tempting fate and he'll now go on and score the goal that guarantees us promotion, but...

For me, he's a bit of a big lump of limited effectiveness in the COG, Hemed mould. As unlikely to make the grade at Arsenal as Wilson was to make the grade at ManU.

I can see potential there but, at this moment, it is just that.
I'd certainly put him above COG

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Too early to tell but unimpressed so far. Should have scored on his debut, might have relaxed a bit and got his confidence up. Doesn't really look match fit. Hope he comes good though

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Difficult to form an opinion really, when he's only getting a few cameo appearances as a sub.

He's quick enough to be a nuisance though, and looks well capable of stretching defences with his running, so he'll keep opposition defences occupied. But he's not had enough of a run yet for me to decide whether I like him or not.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Difficult to form an opinion really, when he's only getting a few cameo appearances as a sub.

He's quick enough to be a nuisance though, and looks well capable of stretching defences with his running, so he'll keep opposition defences occupied. But he's not had enough of a run yet for me to decide whether I like him or not.
This is where we differ Easy 10. I can form an expert opinion on footballers based on 45 mins of football. It's an art i say.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Chris Hughton read this thread, and thought he'd better play him.

http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...n-Then-Leave-Him-On-The-Bench&highlight=Akpom

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
This is where we differ Easy 10. I can form an expert opinion on footballers based on 45 mins of football. It's an art i say.

'Tis a rare gift, for sure. I think its only you and [MENTION=451]BensGrandad[/MENTION] on here that are blessed with it.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Agree with this. Insufficient evidence with us to comment so far.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I'd say he looks like a backup striker who is trying to find his feet at this level which is about all you can hope for at our spending reach off the bench

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Can't decide. Like his movement at times, but needs some games, and now is not the time to experiment.

James Wilson looked more impressive when he came off and the bench in his first appearance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here