Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Problem is he's come here off the back of 6 months out. He did have a great pre season for arsenal before the injury and scored a few goals something like 5 in 4 games. Thing is now he needs 90 minutes for 3/4 weeks to get his sharpness up. Problem is he is likely to get 15/20 min cameos here. I don't think we will see the best of him at any stage whilst he is here. Hopefully he will pop up with a much needed winner somewhere in the run in. There is a good player in there somewhere.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Impossibly to say, based on the amount of time he's actually been on the pitch.
      Clearly brought in, just in case.

Heaven forbid, that he gets a decent opportunity to show us what he's actually capable of.
      Broad Blue & White stripe perseus's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      I think I would prefer Elvis. So far.

Brighton = blue
      Albion = white
      Hove = just a little gold necklace stripe

1 Not allowed!
      It's a thankless task he's been signed for. I think he'd be better off dropping into league 1 and being a first choice pick and getting a run of games. He won't fulfil any possible potential he may be hiding all the time he's coming on for 10/15 minutes at the tail end of a game. I don't think there's a player in there at all, but we can't fairly judge the man because he's never going to get to play for us.

It's just a shame we felt the need to sign someone else's cast off than take a chance on someone we're investing in in the Development Squad. Is Tilley not going to get a chance? Or Connor Tighe? If we'd signed someone experienced to bridge the gap, you could understand it but we didn't. We signed some other clubs' kid which really doesn't offer us anything at all.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Not good enough.

About as effective as playing March / Murphy / Knocky up front.

He looks like he could have a good game in him but pretty sure he is destined for a standard below where we currently are.
      Members

7 Not allowed!
      Quite why he was brought on ahead of Tomer on Saturday I have no idea
      Lording it in WSL

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by spence View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      This is where we differ Easy 10. I can form an expert opinion on footballers based on 45 mins of football. It's an art i say.
      Has he actually played 45 minutes yet?
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Unable o give opinion until he at least has played a full game. However unlike many on here think he has a lot to offer to play off Murray or Hemed. Quicker then any of other 3 and is a handfull.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hark, Preston Park View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      OK, know it's it's tempting fate and he'll now go on and score the goal that guarantees us promotion, but...

What's your evaluation of the little of him that you've seen thus far?

For me, he's a bit of a big lump of limited effectiveness in the COG, Hemed mould. As unlikely to make the grade at Arsenal as Wilson was to make the grade at ManU.

And if it makes you happier...

Or just something new to discuss on a dull Monday afternoon
      How on earth can you put him in the same bracket as Hemed? Let alone putting COG in the same bracket as Tomer. He has a better goals per minute record than anyone in our squad and the 3rd best in the entire league from players with 10 or more goals. Hemed is quite clearly in an entirely different league to Akpom. You really do baffle me sometimes.
      David, Can i have a word? Don Tmatter's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      The type of player that needs a run of 4-5 games to get up to speed but he's not going to get that here in our position, can't see he's any better than Manu but maybe he's a better trainer/character
      Thru thick & thin, we'll support you evermore