Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chuba Akpom: Evaluation Thus Far?

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
He looks half the player Wilson did pre-sickness. And his game isn't as evolved as COGs. There are elements to his game which suggest potential but he's incredibly raw and he'll have to develop a lot to be a Championship striker consistently.

Keith Patel

**** off Lino.
Apr 4, 2009
Brighton
Prefer Richie Towell to be honest. It's still early and it's hard to judge him on his cameo appearances but I can't see him becoming a regular starter for any Premier League side.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Better than Obika, but so is every other footballer still playing.

Appears to be a panic (and CHEAP) acquisition at the end of the transfer window, to give the impression of covering up a problem position .... should Murray have get injured in the run in.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Better than Obika, but so is every other footballer still playing.

Appears to be a panic (and CHEAP) acquisition at the end of the transfer window, to give the impression of covering up a problem position .... should Murray have get injured in the run in.

Not sure I agree. He's cover for Sam, not Murray. Hemed covers the Murray role.

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
On the evidence of what I've seen (which is not much) he's very poor. Nothing like as good as Lingard, Texeira or even Wilson. Maybe better than Billy Paynter - but that's not saying much!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
From what I've seen, he's nowhere near as good as COG (who, incidentally was MUCH better than most on here give him credit for). That said, hardly anyone looks good when they join a club and end up playing 20 minute cameos at most, so it's not fair to be too harsh on him.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I like him, with a run of games would be decent in my opinion, unlikely to get that run of games though sadly for him

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
For me, he's a bit of a big lump of limited effectiveness in the COG, Hemed mould.

Wind up surely?! :lolol: Hemed is big and powerful but he aint no lump. He's got excellent agility for a man of his stature. I wouldn't say he's in the same league as COG. And neither are anything like Akpom!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Cue Chuba to POUNCE and score the goals that will FIRE us into the Premier League

:albion::albion::goal::goal::goal::goal:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I was at a conference recently with someone from Brentford (where he had played on loan ibn 2014) and Hull (where he was on loan for last season when they were promoted). Both expressed surprise and amusement that we had signed him.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Hasn't done anything so far. But hasn't had much chance to. Don't know how any of us can really judge a bloke who's barely had an opportunity to get into his stride (and not surprisingly given the form of the other forwards). Handy to have him but that's about it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here