Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Get Ready For Tough Times.....

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
It looks like you are going up this time along with Newcastle, but I urge Seagulls fans to make the most of any away wins between now and the end of the season.

Faithful away followers could be in for a shock next season as away victories in the Premier League seem very difficult to achieve for newly-promoted teams..

Burnley, Hull and Middlesbrough all did quite well away from home in the 2015/16 Championship but have experienced a tough old time in the PL this season.

Burnley - 11 away wins in 2015/16 - have 0 wins in 15 attempts this season, Hull 1 win in 15 attempts and Middlesbrough 1 win in 14.....just 2 away wins out of a possible 44 and, strangely, both Hull and Boro won their first away game against Swansea and Sunderland, respectively (so 0 away wins for the three promoted teams since August).

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Some of us have told the pessimists that this is the good time. There are those fans who cannot take a defeat, and look for scapegoats after every match.

The journey is often better than reaching the destination.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Enjoying all of this game by game, still a few twists and turns before anything is decided.

Agree with above, the journey is probably more thrilling than the destination, whatever that may be.

FishPie

Banned
Sep 2, 2016
It looks like you are going up this time along with Newcastle, but I urge Seagulls fans to make the most of any away wins between now and the end of the season.

Faithful away followers could be in for a shock next season as away victories in the Premier League seem very difficult to achieve for newly-promoted teams..

Burnley, Hull and Middlesbrough all did quite well away from home in the 2015/16 Championship but have experienced a tough old time in the PL this season.

Burnley - 11 away wins in 2015/16 - have 0 wins in 15 attempts this season, Hull 1 win in 15 attempts and Middlesbrough 1 win in 14.....just 2 away wins out of a possible 44 and, strangely, both Hull and Boro won their first away game against Swansea and Sunderland, respectively (so 0 away wins for the three promoted teams since August).

We won't be promoted so we needn't worry.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Thank goodness someone has the piece of mind to suggest we enjoy them a bit more, I treat them all a bit too run of the mill...:moo:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Sorry, but strongly disagree on this one. We've sampled the journey often enough. Time to sample the destination.

We've been there before (football wasn't invented in 1992). Fans soon got bored of draws, and defensive 1-0 wins, and wanted the manager sacked.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It looks like you are going up this time
Let me stop you right there. I don't care what's difficult in the PL, we're not in the PL. We didn't get a point away in the Championship at the weekend.

If we manage to get promoted, feel free to re-post your thoughts.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

1. That is an amazing stat.
2. I think for newly-promoted teams it's all about winning at home - there's 57 points available at home and it you can bag just half of them you'll probably stay up.

Jan 22, 2017
We won two away games all last season - Spurs away and Bournemouth away. Beat the teams around you at home and get the odd battling point against the big boys and we - as well as BHA should be fine. Our downfall was the likes of Bournemouth and Villa at home when McClaren'a lack of tactics saw us lose and draw games that we should have been looking to win.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Two things:

The water in Majorca don't taste like what it ought to.

And

Will it be chips or jacket spuds?

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Nice thoughts Mr Claret but we've achieved nothing yet. I'll reserve my worrying about what happens in the Premier League until we reach it.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
I take it you haven't looked at our remaining Away fixtures this season? And should we make it up, any win for us will be a rarity with this squad next season

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here