Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

International break

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
not that I'm interested in England football team, but whilst looking through the upcoming international fixtures, noticed that N. Ireland have one game next Sunday v Norway (WCQ).
The others all have one qualifier + a friendly......wtf ? Season building up to a great ending and here we are playing bloody friendlies !! :facepalm:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
The Germany away friendly for England is pointless, completely pointless. Same with France away later in the year. No one cares, certainly not the players.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
The Germany away friendly for England is pointless, completely pointless. Same with France away later in the year. No one cares, certainly not the players.

Have to agree. Had no idea who we were playing until the Lithuania thread was posted earlier.

Just when we all (or I imagine most of us) want to get on with it.

Jan 22, 2017
Really don't care about England these days. Just feel that in order for me to attend an England home game it'd require a 6 hour drive - or an expensive trip on the train! Coupled with the fact games are played on Friday nights quite regularly at Wembley now. The passion I had for England between 1998 (too young to remember Euro 96) and around 2006 has literally evaporated.

I see this fortnight as a nice little break, sick of worrying all day on a Friday about whether Huddersfield are going to be 3 points closer in 24 hours time and think it's good that when we play our next game the likes of Hayden and Gayle should be closer to 100% fitness.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Does anyone watch England anymore? That said I'll probably watch at least the first half..

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I really think the whole international calendar needs an urgent rethink.

To have a break with 8 games to go is ridiculous.

I wonder if we should try and consolidate them into one period twice per year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I normally absolutely detest international breaks, in fact I still do. But I think this one has come at the right time for us, unlike the previous few this season.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Given we are rubbish in the games straight after them I would say having one at this stage of the season is not good for us!!

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Another glorious friendly result against the might of Germany, will have the media proclaiming a bright new era for English football.

Until the next tournament kicks off.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here