View Poll Results: How do you say the word "Forehead"

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fore Head

    62 62.00%
  • Forrid

    33 33.00%
  • Something else (please state)

    5 5.00%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 31 to 39 of 39
  1. #31

    0 Not allowed!
    For ed

    Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk
    Nibble@Wrong-Direction is one of the biggest idiots on this board.

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #32
      Members Bakero's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2010
      Posts
      3,066


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dazzer6666 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Not according to the audio.....
      Sorry, I should've explained. It gives both pronunciations in the phonetic script.

      /ˈfɒr.ɪd/ is forrid

      /ˈfɔː.hed/ is forehead
    • #33
      Together (sometimes) Thunder Bolt's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      Location
      Beside the seaside, beside the sea
      Posts
      32,723


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Shropshire Seagull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Ma'am as in ham
      or
      Ma'am as is harm
      Definitely ma'am as in ham. As someone who served in the WRNS, I can confirm that unequivocally.
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
      If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed, if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed. -Mark Twain
    • #34
      LUZZING chairs about Wilko's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2003
      Location
      Madrid
      Posts
      8,653


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Bolt View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Keenya was correct until they got independence. Jomo Kenyatta was the first president and the pronunciation was changed to Ken ya, from his name.
      Is the correct answer from someone that lived there for 3 years.
    • #35
      Together (sometimes) Thunder Bolt's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      Location
      Beside the seaside, beside the sea
      Posts
      32,723


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Wilko View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Is the correct answer from someone that lived there for 3 years.
      I'm old enough to remember when they got independence. My Dad went to Silver Sands a few times, and Mombasa, etc when he was in the Navy.
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
      If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed, if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed. -Mark Twain
    • #36
      LUZZING chairs about Wilko's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2003
      Location
      Madrid
      Posts
      8,653


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Bolt View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I'm old enough to remember when they got independence. My Dad went to Silver Sands a few times, and Mombasa, etc when he was in the Navy.
      Got a bit tired of Nairobi but Mombasa is a lovely place, I would move there if another job came up.
    • #37
      Members
      Join Date
      Oct 2003
      Location
      Southampton
      Posts
      5,211


      0 Not allowed!
      4 Head

      Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
      In 1942 I invented the shoe
      In 1943 I invented the Tree
      In 1944 I invented the floor
    • #38
      Two Mad Professors Two Professors's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2009
      Location
      Multicultural Brum
      Posts
      3,219


      0 Not allowed!
      In my case,Slaphead!
      "For those of you who aren't particularly happy with what happened in 2016,I've got some really bad news for you-it's going to get a bl**dy sight worse next year!"-The Nigel 24/11/16.
    • #39
      Members
      Join Date
      Nov 2004
      Location
      Telford
      Posts
      5,629


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Wilko View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Got a bit tired of Nairobi but Mombasa is a lovely place, I would move there if another job came up.
      I spent some time with an old cricket mate just outside Nairobi called Muchakos - he was building an industrial fish farm - lovely place but the driving is mental ....

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •