Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England v Lithuania - Sun 26th March

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Three words that bring despair, despondency and dejection. Replacement Bus Service.

No trains on the main line between Brighton/Lewes and Three Bridges this weekend.

Joy.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This front page says it all about supporting the English football team:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football

All the BBC has to 'promote' the match is a pretty meaningless World Cup qualifying game, 16 years ago.
A world Cup that England qualified for second, 6 points behind Germany.
The same Germany side that dry humped England in the return fixture, the final game at Wembley.

I guess on a level we should be grateful as the only other image would have been Nobby Stiles toothless grin.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I do not hate Defoe and respect his goal scoring record in fact I think he should have gone to France for Euro 2016 but my problem is bringing him back at 34 when the next World Cup comes will he still be able? I doubt it and would rather we blooded in a young successor to cover Kane/Vardy for that job and No I wouldnt have included Rooney for that job I would have looked at the U21s to add to Rashford. It is not as if qualifying is going to be a problem.

This exact point was made on the football ramble podcast. We are going to qualify so why play a player that is prob not going to world cup, as you say, bringing through a youngster to get used to the set up is a much better idea.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
But we are not talking of BHA but winning the World Cup so thus being the best national team in the world.
Really not fussed about England and certainly will not be wasting any time watching it.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
This front page says it all about supporting the English football team:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football

All the BBC has to 'promote' the match is a pretty meaningless World Cup qualifying game, 16 years ago.
A world Cup that England qualified for second, 6 points behind Germany.
The same Germany side that dry humped England in the return fixture, the final game at Wembley.

I guess on a level we should be grateful as the only other image would have been Nobby Stiles toothless grin.

The 1-0 loss at Wembley came first, it was the game where Keegan resigned in the toilet afterwards!

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Three words that bring despair, despondency and dejection. Replacement Bus Service.

No trains on the main line between Brighton/Lewes and Three Bridges this weekend.

Joy.

The last time I went to Wembley to watch an England match, we drove to Three Bridges, and parked just around the corner in Pound Hill. It worked out very well.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here