Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30
  1. #21
    Members
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Sunny Sussex, occasionally Leith
    Posts
    118


    0 Not allowed!
    Three words that bring despair, despondency and dejection. Replacement Bus Service.

    No trains on the main line between Brighton/Lewes and Three Bridges this weekend.

    Joy.
    Every journey of a thousand miles begins with a single rail replacement bus service.

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #22
      Members Stat Brother's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      West west west Sussex
      Posts
      34,965


      0 Not allowed!
      This front page says it all about supporting the English football team:-

      http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football

      All the BBC has to 'promote' the match is a pretty meaningless World Cup qualifying game, 16 years ago.
      A world Cup that England qualified for second, 6 points behind Germany.
      The same Germany side that dry humped England in the return fixture, the final game at Wembley.

      I guess on a level we should be grateful as the only other image would have been Nobby Stiles toothless grin.
      “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
      http://app.strava.com/clubs/north-stand-geeks
      Velogames Fantasy TdF League - Name NSC Geeks - League Code: 41202037269

      .
    • #23
      LUZZING chairs about Wilko's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2003
      Location
      Madrid
      Posts
      8,172


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BensGrandad View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I do not hate Defoe and respect his goal scoring record in fact I think he should have gone to France for Euro 2016 but my problem is bringing him back at 34 when the next World Cup comes will he still be able? I doubt it and would rather we blooded in a young successor to cover Kane/Vardy for that job and No I wouldnt have included Rooney for that job I would have looked at the U21s to add to Rashford. It is not as if qualifying is going to be a problem.
      This exact point was made on the football ramble podcast. We are going to qualify so why play a player that is prob not going to world cup, as you say, bringing through a youngster to get used to the set up is a much better idea.
    • #24
      Members
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Haywards Heath
      Posts
      57,236


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by PILTDOWN MAN View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Wouldn't mind in our team next year
      But we are not talking of BHA but winning the World Cup so thus being the best national team in the world.
    • #25
      Members PILTDOWN MAN's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2004
      Location
      on the street
      Posts
      5,878


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BensGrandad View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      But we are not talking of BHA but winning the World Cup so thus being the best national team in the world.
      Really not fussed about England and certainly will not be wasting any time watching it.
      FFP look at the sodding regulations before posting.
    • #26
      Members
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Haywards Heath
      Posts
      57,236


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by PILTDOWN MAN View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Really not fussed about England and certainly will not be wasting any time watching it.
      Not even if Bruno qualified and was selected
    • #27
      Members PILTDOWN MAN's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2004
      Location
      on the street
      Posts
      5,878


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BensGrandad View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Not even if Bruno qualified and was selected
      No only when Dunk is captain!!!
      FFP look at the sodding regulations before posting.
    • #28
      Members
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Haywards Heath
      Posts
      57,236


      0 Not allowed!
      When we get promoted I think that him and Stockdale will be in the squad possibly in place of Heaton and Keane of Burnley
    • #29
      non sequitur Puppet Master's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2012
      Posts
      3,820


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Stat Brother View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      This front page says it all about supporting the English football team:-

      http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football

      All the BBC has to 'promote' the match is a pretty meaningless World Cup qualifying game, 16 years ago.
      A world Cup that England qualified for second, 6 points behind Germany.
      The same Germany side that dry humped England in the return fixture, the final game at Wembley.

      I guess on a level we should be grateful as the only other image would have been Nobby Stiles toothless grin.
      The 1-0 loss at Wembley came first, it was the game where Keegan resigned in the toilet afterwards!
      test
    • #30
      Dullard Thunder Bolt's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      Location
      BN1 9BL
      Posts
      29,832


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Sussexscots View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Three words that bring despair, despondency and dejection. Replacement Bus Service.

      No trains on the main line between Brighton/Lewes and Three Bridges this weekend.

      Joy.
      The last time I went to Wembley to watch an England match, we drove to Three Bridges, and parked just around the corner in Pound Hill. It worked out very well.
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •