Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whatever happened to Mornington Crescent?

Martlet

Jul 15, 2003
Nice try, but in a prime numbered year you leave the door open for a figure-of-eight. That leaves us hurtling towards EAST FINCHLEY

Ah - but we lost away on Saturday, don't forget. Cockfosters is fine.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Keep up... the entire Howlett's ruling of 1981 was suspended in 2012 for the Olympics, and never reinstated as far as I know. And MC is much the better for it.

STRATFORD.

You are correct...unless you are playing Yorkshire Variation and have just returned from nid; then the Howlett ruling is reactivated on transverse diagonals for one round only.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
You are correct...unless you are playing Yorkshire Variation and have just returned from nid; then the Howlett ruling is reactivated on transverse diagonals for one round only.

That is very true. I can however, play my Lancashire Block to negate the effects of the transverse diagonals. I'm also invoking my 42 wildcard, in case you were thinking of playing any clever games. This all leads rather nicely to:

AMERSHAM

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
That is very true. I can however, play my Lancashire Block to negate the effects of the transverse diagonals. I'm also invoking my 42 wildcard, in case you were thinking of playing any clever games. This all leads rather nicely to:

AMERSHAM

If you are playing the Lancashire Block in a situation where traverse diagonals are in play then surely you will fall foul of the Swiffington Ascent and be required to head without stopping to Cockfosters?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
If you are playing the Lancashire Block in a situation where traverse diagonals are in play then surely you will fall foul of the Swiffington Ascent and be required to head without stopping to Cockfosters?

The Swiffington Ascent is no longer on the table because Cockfosters has already been played. Nice try though. Of course that failed attempt leaves the door wide open for me to play the Swiffington DESCENT.

EMBANKMENT

Yes, that's right, you're playing Premier League opposition now.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Well, since Alperton and Amersham have already been played - I think I'm right in saying I can go for:

Mill Hill East.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Well, since Alperton and Amersham have already been played - I think I'm right in saying I can go for:

Mill Hill East.

Don't think you can; if it's less than a month to Easter then the battleship gambit comes into play. Royal Oak.

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
Going to power through a few dull moves and play a Nicholas Lyndhurst's Revenge, meaning the matchstick order reverses.

WAPPING.

Ron Manager

Oooh, wasn't it?
Sep 14, 2015
Lentil Alley
I'd watch out on your left flank if you want to avoid a rather embarrassing slide into nid if you attempt a prime move triangulation. It happened to my Grandfather in the 1983 Mornington Crescent (Scotland Region) Grand Final. I shall say Farringdon via standard Metropolitan rules.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Fortune favours the brave so I'm going all-in on Maida Vale.

Silly, silly move. You're clearly forgetting the Sparrington Spur, that was introduced in 1984. You just can't "Maida Vale" your way out of things like that. It's Arnos Grove next, at least until nine elms opens. That's going to create a lot of problems for the law abiding MC player.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
As it's before the morning rush hour, I think HOLLAND PARK is the only logical move here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here