Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Free coach travel to Norwich (AND match tickets now also on sale)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That was a real screw-up.
All blocks should have been made available when sales opened up at 9am.
I got 1 in G block and 2 others in H block (thankfully because I stayed online in hope that it wasn't a sell-out).

I guess the club sell block by block.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
I guess the club sell block by block.

They sure do. With at least a 6 minute gap between G block selling out and H block being released that was quite a critical gap for anyone trying to buy then. I think they can do this better.

Hopefully anyone still wanting to buy today will have their chance now.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
They sure do. With at least a 6 minute gap between G block selling out and H block being released that was quite a critical gap for anyone trying to buy then. I think they can do this better.

Hopefully anyone still wanting to buy today will have their chance now.

Fair enough. Personally, and only over the past season or so, I have generally found the ticketing system and loyalty points set up pretty good and very user friendly.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Got sorted yesterday without much drama. Going up on the train so can still make a day of it with coach booked for the return which is really a splendid offer.

Just hope the game matches the excitement levels.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Surprised it's not sold out already, bit like Middlesborough last season, slow selling at first then tickets were like gold dust when people realised what was riding on the game, possibly could be the same with Norwich away

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
H Block released!

In my defence I was only 4 loyalty points short of getting them yesterday (yes did Rotherham & Leeds) also doing QPR and Wolves

I'm not going to say the system is perfect, it clearly isn't

No disrespect to you at all, its just frustrating that the club are clueless about away grounds when they put tickets on sale. It wouldn't take very much research to work out which tickets should be sold first.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
No disrespect to you at all, its just frustrating that the club are clueless about away grounds when they put tickets on sale. It wouldn't take very much research to work out which tickets should be sold first.

Agree. It seems strange on this when we are 100% going to sell out but they still sell tickets from right > left in the away end.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Fair comment. File under "Too Difficult".

It is obviously normal practice that they start by selling the block furthest away from any adjacent home fans - which means that fans who have the most loyalty points and/or are keenest with ticket buying often get the worst seats furthest into a corner.

It really wouldn't take much effort to judge demand and sell a couple or more decent blocks of seats first to those deserving fans. I suspect, however, that the home club/police stipulate which blocks must be sold first so the away club's hands are tied anyway.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
As mentioned above, the Club line is that they are told which blocks to sell first. I would assume that they start with the easiest to steward then work outwards, unaware intially of amounts. I agree though, common sense should prevail.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Fair comment. File under "Too Difficult".

It is obviously normal practice that they start by selling the block furthest away from any adjacent home fans - which means that fans who have the most loyalty points and/or are keenest with ticket buying often get the worst seats furthest into a corner.

It really wouldn't take much effort to judge demand and sell a couple or more decent blocks of seats first to those deserving fans. I suspect, however, that the home club/police stipulate which blocks must be sold first so the away club's hands are tied anyway.

presumably so that if not all are sold, they can open them up to home fans, or is that too simple an explanation.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I had booked six double rooms with sofa beds for the weekend but quite a lot of the people who were planning on going haven't been able to get tickets. Whilst the rooms are fully refundable I thought I'd offer them out on here, to see if anyone needs a hotel room for the night.

I think I have two double rooms going spare in the Homiday Inn on Drayton High Road (5 minute to cab to the ground). The rooms were £130 for two nights but we're cancelling the Saturday night so each room will be around the £65 mark. Think I'll be up there pretty early but can always arrange to meet somebody depending on the hotel key/payment system.

Will have an exact price at some point today or tomorrow hopefully. First come first serve.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here