Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Free coach travel to Norwich (AND match tickets now also on sale)

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Done and sorted. Slight technical hitch with one of our party of 6 meant I had to phone the club though to get it sorted, still don't know why. But he mentioned as of five minutes ago still 1000 tickets left.
Interesting bit of information. Confirms that we have sold 1,400 tickets in 45 minutes for Norwich away on telly on a Friday night to fans with at least 1150 loyalty points.

Presumably there will be further sales today of a few hundred more.

theboybilly

Does anyone now long does the coach take to get to Norwich. Will it stop enroute? I quite fancy a quick look around Norwich before the match

If the coach is leaving the Amex at 12.45 I don't think you are going to get long in Norwich before the game - maybe an hour. In my humble opinion it's cutting it too fine on a Friday afternoon. I'm glad I'm making my own way up and staying overnight to be honest

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
If the coach is leaving the Amex at 12.45 I don't think you are going to get long in Norwich before the game - maybe an hour. In my humble opinion it's cutting it too fine on a Friday afternoon. I'm glad I'm making my own way up and staying overnight to be honest
Overnight stay is obviously not a viable option for most.

Agree that given choice I would leave a fair bit earlier than what the coaches are planning. We leave Eastbourne at 1.00pm and last pick up is Heathfield at 1.40pm.

AA RoutePlanner (obvs no account of Friday pm traffic) has us at Dartford around 3.00pm and in Norwich around 5.00pm. Can easily see how that could turn out leaving no real time spare apart from to get in, scoff free pie and pint and be ready for kick-off...

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

I went by coach two years ago (3pm Saturday ko) and we left Polegate at 07.40, went via the Amex and up the A/M23 and arrived about 2 hours before KO which included about 45 minutes service station stop. So Amex to Norwich about 5 hours.on a Saturday morning, I think you need at add at least an hour onto that for the Friday afternoon.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Was anyone else asked to confirm their match ticket information to book the coach seat - I wasn't. Wondering how they match/check the "first come first served" for the coach with purchased match tickets?

Me neither. Looks like no cross checking is taking place...

theboybilly

I went by coach two years ago (3pm Saturday ko) and we left Polegate at 07.40, went via the Amex and up the A/M23 and arrived about 2 hours before KO which included about 45 minutes service station stop. So Amex to Norwich about 5 hours.on a Saturday morning, I think you need at add at least an hour onto that for the Friday afternoon.

I can't recall the last time I had a decent run through the Dartford Crossing on a Friday afternoon. But I'm pretty sure if I were to use the Blues Away coach we would be setting of earlier than 12.45. (we were at Elland Road 3 hours before kick off on Saturday for example - including an hour's coffee break at Newport Pagnall). I'm hoping for a nice Spring weekend so I can amble up to East Anglia on my motorbike with plenty of time for beers in the Jubilee or the Cat & Canary

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Google maps says 3 hours uncongested Amex-Carrow road. Even if the coach takes 5 hours on a Friday PM, then a 1245 departure would give 2 hours in Norwich before ko. Seagulls Travel have had the odd problem, but not in underestimating travel time. I'm happy to leave it to them.

10-4 rubber duck. Looks like we got ourselves a convoy.

PG

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
If the stated amount of tickets being sold today are anything to go by this should sell out tomorrow at the latest surely?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I can't recall the last time I had a decent run through the Dartford Crossing on a Friday afternoon. But I'm pretty sure if I were to use the Blues Away coach we would be setting of earlier than 12.45. (we were at Elland Road 3 hours before kick off on Saturday for example - including an hour's coffee break at Newport Pagnall). I'm hoping for a nice Spring weekend so I can amble up to East Anglia on my motorbike with plenty of time for beers in the Jubilee or the Cat & Canary

I'm booked with them, we are leaving the Amex at 12

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I'm booked with them, we are leaving the Amex at 12
I think Blues Away normally leave a bit earlier than Seagulls Travel. When I've been with them they seem to aim at least a couple of hours before kick off.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I think Blues Away normally leave a bit earlier than Seagulls Travel. When I've been with them they seem to aim at least a couple of hours before kick off.

They do always, generally first coaches to arrive at away games to give those on board plenty of time to go and have a drink or something to eat

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
Logged on at 9:00 and straight through to ticket purchase and completed. Then looked at stadium plan to see I am in the back corner of the worst stand away from the half way line and beyond the touchline.

Why oh why do we always seem to sell the worst tickets first to those who log on early and POTG or latecomers end up with the best seats?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Logged on at 9:00 and straight through to ticket purchase and completed. Then looked at stadium plan to see I am in the back corner of the worst stand away from the half way line and beyond the touchline.

Why oh why do we always seem to sell the worst tickets first to those who log on early and POTG or latecomers end up with the best seats?
At least you won't be down the front where no-one sings apparently.....

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005

Not sure how it works.

At about 11.00am, so probably buying around the 1,500th ticket, I got allocated "G" U21 ... which looks like it might be around the 6 yard box.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea

2 points on this:

1) It'll be the usual free-for-all standing wise

2) It was possible to change the default 'F' section to 'G' on the drop-down.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

This is my main gripe for away ticket allocation. Thankfully I noticed you could choose G Block rather than F Block which is behind the goal line and I kept trying until I could get as higher seat number as I could. Still only got about seat 25 though.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
One does not.jpg

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I noticed you could choose G Block rather than F Block which is behind the goal line and I kept trying until I could get as higher seat number as I could. Still only got about seat 25 though.

That's playing it cool. Limited number of tickets that could sell out any second, and you log off and back on again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here