Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Now TV help

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
Yesterday subscribed obviously to watch the Leeds game live,but I was plagued by the picture constantly freezing, which spoiled the game for me, have I done anything wrong ? Went through the correct procedure and paid my £6.99 fee.
Watching the programme now, it is still doing it but far less frequently. Has anyone else had this, and if so, is there a cure ? Thanks.

It's always been fine for me, icluding yesterday (apart from the result). The only time I had a problem was when I tried to buy a day pass when I was in Spain but it wouldn't let me activate it. I contacted them through the online help bit and they were very helpful, explained that I couldn't use the pass in Spain and immediately refunded my money. I suggest you talk to them online, they should be very helpful

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
Yesterday subscribed obviously to watch the Leeds game live,but I was plagued by the picture constantly freezing, which spoiled the game for me, have I done anything wrong ? Went through the correct procedure and paid my £6.99 fee.
Watching the programme now, it is still doing it but far less frequently. Has anyone else had this, and if so, is there a cure ? Thanks.

Now TV is a streaming service?

If your kids were downloading, or your phone updating that would eat into the bandwidth.

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro

Got a day-pass for the Newcastle game, but had the same problem, as did a few others. No problems with Netflix or Amazon streaming, so it's not my equipment. Not bothered since.

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
Same here with the Newcastle game, complained online and got a refund. Which they then immediately took again. Don't know if I can be bothered with trying to get the 6.99 back. NowTV for the entertainment package is great, must be something to do with the live stream. Didn't bother with the Leeds game and watched on a stream instead.

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
If you got it through iTunes on an AppleTV you can complain to Apple and they refund you straight away

phoenix

May 18, 2009

They have improved the stream quality, but mine freezes all the time for a split second.Probably 10 times in a game. So i purchased a new wired box, i had exactly the same problem.My other box does this as well despite a 72 mb connection. It never used to freeze but it was like watching a dodgy stream, except i was paying for. Yes i have rebooted everything!

I've had sky sports on Now tv for 18 months now, its the best quality it has ever been but i just put up with the 1 second freeze, i have also changed my wifi channel on my router.

Last edited:

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Nowtv is usually pretty good for me... no freezing. I normally watch on my PC which has a 32" tele attached and is cabled directly to my router but it has been ok when i have used wifi. When there are problems with Now TV side they have offered refunds or a new voucher.

Need to ensure that your internal wifi is up to it

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
This stream that Husty found is the best I've ever been on. It's HD and the picture doesn't tear, much better than any on Cricfree and as good as the streaming I've had with a daypass from NowTV.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am going to take out a month Skt Sports pass on 6th April for £34 to take in Wolves QPR and Norwich plus other Premier games should I wish over Easter, good value I think.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Need to ensure that your internal wifi is up to it
I am with Vodafone for mobiles and broadband should I send them an email asking if my broadband will be able to cope with Now TV or if it can be improved The router is in my bedroom and the TV and Roku Stick with Remote are in my lounge/living room. The router had to go in the bedroom as BT said it was the nearest point to the main telephone line junction box.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I access Sky Sports 1 & 2 via BT Vision and the service is extremely poor with live games freezing (pixels go mental) or the'event' just stops and BT Vision then reboots - absolute crap !
Does anyone else experience this issue ?
Come end of season, BT will be losing my business completely !

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
I access Sky Sports 1 & 2 via BT Vision and the service is extremely poor with live games freezing (pixels go mental) or the'event' just stops and BT Vision then reboots - absolute crap !

I have BT Vision and whilst I don't have Sky through BT, I do have a similar problem to you when I try and watch BT Sports channels - freezing, pixillating and even loss of sound.

For Sky, I use a Now TV box which is okay.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I have BT Vision and whilst I don't have Sky through BT, I do have a similar problem to you when I try and watch BT Sports channels - freezing, pixillating and even loss of sound.

For Sky, I use a Now TV box which is okay.

if nowtv is ok then tells you the problem is more likely to be the bt vision box itself or the connection to it. Do you use wifi to view BT vision/sprt or do you use plugs with a cable in between? How old is teh BT vision box? can you watch streamed films ok?

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014

see my comment to napier below.... also are you trying to watch in HD?

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill

Me too - about 10 times overall during the game, for maybe a second duration.

Nowtv day pass, via apple tv, hard wired all the way through.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here