Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Now TV help

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Need to ensure that your internal wifi is up to it
I am with Vodafone for mobiles and broadband should I send them an email asking if my broadband will be able to cope with Now TV or if it can be improved The router is in my bedroom and the TV and Roku Stick with Remote are in my lounge/living room. The router had to go in the bedroom as BT said it was the nearest point to the main telephone line junction box.

You could ask but be aware there are at least 2 components involved , the bandwidth of the broadband line to your house and the bandwidth of the router. Bandwidth to each device e.g. nowtv box will be total speed of line/router divided by who else is using it and for the router it can also come down to level of interference due to walls/cabling etc. Quite happy to say a bit more.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Need to ensure that your internal wifi is up to it

You could ask but be aware there are at least 2 components involved , the bandwidth of the broadband line to your house and the bandwidth of the router. Bandwidth to each device e.g. nowtv box will be total speed of line/router divided by who else is using it and for the router it can also come down to level of interference due to walls/cabling etc. Quite happy to say a bit more.

Thanks for that also, you saying then that the signal people receive depends upon the demand (possibly) within a local area, I wouldn't dispute that for a moment BUT it is diabolical that anyone should pay for a service which is not delivered !

I will be headed for Now TV at the end of the season as I won't cut off my nose to spite my face for perhaps one month !

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
if nowtv is ok then tells you the problem is more likely to be the bt vision box itself or the connection to it. Do you use wifi to view BT vision/sprt or do you use plugs with a cable in between? How old is teh BT vision box? can you watch streamed films ok?

The BT Vision box is probably about three/four years old and it's plugged into the electricity socket with a cable. The other channels seem okay, but the sport is problematic.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
The BT Vision box is probably about three/four years old and it's plugged into the electricity socket with a cable. The other channels seem okay, but the sport is problematic.

They do new boxes now WHICH might be better. Are you trying to watch football in HD as some of the wired solutions they originally supplied were not very fast.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
actually i meant the demand within your house .... e.g. if you are getting 20mbs signal and two people are watching different programmes then each can only get 10mbs...... Also note your capacity for broadband will depend how far you are from the exchange as the signal and hence bandwidth does depreciate. BT should be able to tell you the facts and figures about what you have.... If you don't get a good signal then switching to nowtv might give you the same problems as it is using the same line.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here