Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 42
  1. #31
    Members ewe2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Hailsham area
    Posts
    2,085


    0 Not allowed!
    ....We lost to the "Mighty Leeds " 2/0.....Huddersfield were thrashed by.....er....Bristol City....4/0......!!!

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #32
      CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE Winker's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2008
      Location
      The Astral Planes, man...
      Posts
      1,131


      0 Not allowed!
      Good bantz before the game:

      "He's selling programmes, he's selling programmes, Ricky Hatton - He's selling programmes"

      Followed shortly after by:

      "You can stick your ******* programmes up your ****" etc...
    • #33
      Members Tricky Dicky's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2004
      Location
      Sunny Shoreham
      Posts
      13,189


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Uh_huh_him View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      From what I heard on the radio, it seemed that Kayal, Hunemeier and Tomori, had good games.
      Murray seems to be working hard.
      All in all we lost out to a strong home team in good form, who put away their limited chances.

      Any other positives.


      PS
      I haven't seen a player ratings thread.
      Is there one about?
      It was always going to be a tough one. Yup, a few good performances and our hardest remaining game on paper out of the way. That and the other results, all in all, no real damage done.
      Tricky-Art for perusal at your leisure. Warning : No Albion content (yet - maybe sometime)

      http://www.painters-online.co.uk/artist/TrickyDicky
    • #34
      Members rocker959's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2011
      Location
      Plovdiv Bulgaria
      Posts
      2,269


      0 Not allowed!
      Showed that March should start games .
      I don't count Sheep to fall asleep, I shoot Palace Pikeys and torch their Caravans, one by one , oh what fun !.My blood runs Blue and White since 1963,a proud ex North Stander.
    • #35
      Members Steve Foster's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2008
      Location
      Formerly the nice bit in Hove, now Caroline Lucas territory
      Posts
      7,354


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by rocker959 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Showed that March should start games .
      & Skalak shouldn't ...
    • #36
      Members
      Join Date
      Mar 2010
      Location
      Hove
      Posts
      15,054


      1 Not allowed!
      I thought there were a few positives. That was 3 players in our back four who don't normally start / have had very little match time. The goal came almost against the run of play, and to be honest, we kept them to very few chances. The pen was a rash moment for our youngster. Kayal started to impose himself, and will be a major asset for the remaining games. We still crafted arguably the best chances of the match, we miss they score - it's football. Overall, this wasn't a Huddersfield / Forest poor away performance, with a much changed side we competed well against the form side in the league. Good break now. My bed is dry.
    • #37
      Members Not Andy Naylor's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2007
      Location
      Seven Dials
      Posts
      4,465


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by rocker959 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Showed that March should start games .
      I don't think it shows anything of the sort. March has been disappointing in some games in which he has started but electric as a sub (Brentford, Birmingham). You never know which March you're getting.
    • #38
      Members Tricky Dicky's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2004
      Location
      Sunny Shoreham
      Posts
      13,189


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Not Andy Naylor View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I don't think it shows anything of the sort. March has been disappointing in some games in which he has started but electric as a sub (Brentford, Birmingham). You never know which March you're getting.
      I agree he looks good as a sub, maybe should have come on a little earlier, but some skills against tiring legs really shows.
      Tricky-Art for perusal at your leisure. Warning : No Albion content (yet - maybe sometime)

      http://www.painters-online.co.uk/artist/TrickyDicky
    • #39
      Members
      Join Date
      Sep 2011
      Posts
      729


      4 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Steve in Japan View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      It was only 2-0?
      Do you really think we were that much worse than Leeds? I must have watched a different match. I saw two evenly matched teams one of who converted a couple of chances. Admittedly we were miles away from our best, but even so.
    • #40
      Members Steve in Japan's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2013
      Location
      East of Eastbourne
      Posts
      1,925


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by boik View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Do you really think we were that much worse than Leeds? I must have watched a different match. I saw two evenly matched teams one of who converted a couple of chances. Admittedly we were miles away from our best, but even so.
      I was mentally prepared for 0-3 following the Forest game. We'd had the penalty, I was waiting for the defensive howler. Hence my comment.

      Do I really think we were that much worse than Leeds? I think we were far from our best, as you say.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •