Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any positives from yesterday?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
In most of his away games AK hasnt stood out as he has at home.

That's selective and nonsensical though.

Brentford away, two assists from AK
Barnsley away, two assists from AK
Rotherham away, a goal from AK

He can be infuriating at times, and his decision making is erratic, but overall he has been fantastic for us. There are no wingers that deliver 100% every match, it's the nature of the position, but I'd choose him in the starting XI every single match.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
We need to set up to not lose our remaining away games and use AK either to start and then bring on LR to consolidate a point or vice versa start with LR and get set up then bring on AK to try for a winner. In most of his away games AK hasnt stood out as he has at home.

The plus is we are slightly better off than at 7pm Friday with 1 less game to be overtaken.

Don't get me wrong BG I do appreciate your input on this forum, however, WTF are you wobbling on about? You are basically saying we set up to draw or snatch a goal. Please, think before you type.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There are no wingers that deliver 100% every match, it's the nature of the position, but I'd choose him in the starting XI every single match.
But I'd also look to substitute him when it's 'one of those games'.

You've got to worry about the calibre of supporter who would drop AK for the rest of this season's away games, considering they are all must not lose matches.

Even if that were done who do you think would be first to complain about a dip in home form? :lol: :facepalm:

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
It was a result that a lot of us thought may happen. Saw it on Sky and thought we played well, no real ground lost and fewer games for the pack to gain points. Moving on nicely thank you. I liked our structure but Leeds pushed harder at the front and we paid for sitting back a bit. No damp sheets here.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
No injuries or bookings that mean suspension. We played well, both teams had three shots on target. Murray very unlucky not to score when one nil down. Bit gutted we lost although I think Leeds shaded it. On a personal note at the end, Dunk gave my little lad his shirt which was more than a positive. Already hanging on the wall in his room. UTA.

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
Good bantz before the game:

"He's selling programmes, he's selling programmes, Ricky Hatton - He's selling programmes"

Followed shortly after by:

"You can stick your ******* programmes up your ****" etc...

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
From what I heard on the radio, it seemed that Kayal, Hunemeier and Tomori, had good games.
Murray seems to be working hard.
All in all we lost out to a strong home team in good form, who put away their limited chances.

Any other positives.

PS
I haven't seen a player ratings thread.
Is there one about?

It was always going to be a tough one. Yup, a few good performances and our hardest remaining game on paper out of the way. That and the other results, all in all, no real damage done.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Showed that March should start games .

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I thought there were a few positives. That was 3 players in our back four who don't normally start / have had very little match time. The goal came almost against the run of play, and to be honest, we kept them to very few chances. The pen was a rash moment for our youngster. Kayal started to impose himself, and will be a major asset for the remaining games. We still crafted arguably the best chances of the match, we miss they score - it's football. Overall, this wasn't a Huddersfield / Forest poor away performance, with a much changed side we competed well against the form side in the league. Good break now. My bed is dry.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Showed that March should start games .

I don't think it shows anything of the sort. March has been disappointing in some games in which he has started but electric as a sub (Brentford, Birmingham). You never know which March you're getting.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I don't think it shows anything of the sort. March has been disappointing in some games in which he has started but electric as a sub (Brentford, Birmingham). You never know which March you're getting.

I agree he looks good as a sub, maybe should have come on a little earlier, but some skills against tiring legs really shows.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patreon
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Do you really think we were that much worse than Leeds? I must have watched a different match. I saw two evenly matched teams one of who converted a couple of chances. Admittedly we were miles away from our best, but even so.

I was mentally prepared for 0-3 following the Forest game. We'd had the penalty, I was waiting for the defensive howler. Hence my comment.

Do I really think we were that much worse than Leeds? I think we were far from our best, as you say.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here