Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul Trollope

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
What a mental thread !!

We change our assistant manager and because of that we change our style of play because of him ?

Seems a massive stretch to be honest, not sure why looking for a scapegoat when one isn't needed

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
He was Hughton's assistant at Norwich when the fans accused the team of being ultra-cautious and defensive, resulting in their relegation. Most recent away games we have set up to defend rather than taking the game to the opposition, even though we have the talent to rip most teams apart. I just don't get it. This philosophy has to come from somewhere. At the end of last season, we were winning games 4-0 (three times) and 5-0. The football was much more open and expansive. Not looking for a scapegoat because I don't know much about PT except he had some success at Bristol Rovers and failed at Cardiff, but something has definitely changed since Calderwood left.

What a load of old shit. You can't lay every defeat at Paul Trollope's door, whilst falling just short of declaring Calderwood ''the Messiah''

Colin ****ed off and that's the end of that.

I have a feeling the set up was probably down to the fact that in hindsight he had wished he had set up defensively against Huddersfield and it was costly. There wasn't much in yesterdays game and the hindsight thought about Huddersfield and the fact that Huddersfield and Newcastle had slipped up yesterday had more to do with the set up. We tried to play through the middle and it didn't work but it didn't not work. Robert Green was a far busier keeper than David Stockdale

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I have a feeling the set up was probably down to the fact that in hindsight he had wished he had set up defensively against Huddersfield and it was costly. There wasn't much in yesterdays game and the hindsight thought about Huddersfield and the fact that Huddersfield and Newcastle had slipped up yesterday had more to do with the set up. We tried to play through the middle and it didn't work but it didn't not work. Robert Green was a far busier keeper than David Stockdale

Agreed, bad day at the office, but we weren't ripped apart as we were by Huddersfield. And to be fair Leeds are literally a one man team, they'd be nothing without Wood.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
In two recent away games (Leeds, Forest), the game plan has worked excellently up to half time. In the second half against Forest we let in goals in 60, 89 and 90+8 mins. Yes i know about the Forest first goal, but it stood so let's get over that. Yesterday we conceded in 63 and 85 minutes. Have we become too predictable away and teams just know to soak up first half, soak up the charge immediately after half time, then hit us around 65 mins mark?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
What a load of old shit. You can't lay every defeat at Paul Trollope's door, whilst falling just short of declaring Calderwood ''the Messiah''

All of this......

If we'd have put away our chances, we'd be hailing the genius that is Chris Hughton, not looking for scapegoats.

Silly thread for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
In two recent away games (Leeds, Forest), the game plan has worked excellently up to half time. In the second half against Forest we let in goals in 60, 89 and 90+8 mins. Yes i know about the Forest first goal, but it stood so let's get over that. Yesterday we conceded in 63 and 85 minutes. Have we become too predictable away and teams just know to soak up first half, soak up the charge immediately after half time, then hit us around 65 mins mark?

Who has scored the most second half goals in the whole of the Championship?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Without and overall significant improvement at both ends of the field and this does include the defence,we would not be where we are and thank that defensive part of our game,was the best in the division until yesterday on our very good goal difference-it's all about balance.....r

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Since Paul Trollope joined, Albion are equal top on points per game with Huddersfield Town.

Aston Villa haven't made great strides...

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Since Paul Trollope joined, Albion are equal top on points per game with Huddersfield Town.

Aston Villa haven't made great strides...

Top on current form-we languish in 11th with 9 points from 6 games.

phazza

Aug 17, 2012
When Hughton arrived just over two years ago, he had to get us out of relegation danger. Many on Nsc complained he was too defensive, but it worked.

Yesterday we had 13 shots with three on target, exactly the same as Leeds, so we weren't being defensive. We had two shots cleared off the line, one in each half. Murray should have buried his shot.

Find another scapegoat.

Exactly this. It was an even game away from home against a promotion rival. There are some fools on here who I wonder have a clue. Whoever took one of the chances that both teams had a similar amount of was likely to win the game. Just not our day. We are more or less where we were before this game except with a game less to play this season.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yep.....and thats why fans saying four away defeats in the last seven doesn't matter because we will rack up the points at home,are off the mark Eddie Howe had a good counter-attacking side in the Championship and adopted an adventurous attitude away. They demoralised many teams by coming at them quickly. They backed their ability and didn't rely solely on home points, where teams put numbers behind the ball.
We got away with it this weekend, after another sub-par away performance. Now the pressure is on to take six points from the next two, against a much improved Blackburn and a Birmingham side who took the game to the Toon yesterday.

Complete and utter nonsense.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014

and hasn't done too much for Villa

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
At the end of last season, we were winning games 4-0 (three times) and 5-0.

Bristol and Leeds weren't at the "end of last season" - they were in February.
We've won 3-0 seven times this season. Including twice in the last few weeks.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
He was Hughton's assistant at Norwich when the fans accused the team of being ultra-cautious and defensive, resulting in their relegation. /QUOTE]

I don't think Norwich was in the relegation zone when they sacked him so he may have in fact kept them up. Also the chairman was publically critical of him just a few months into the season which would have had a negative impact on the players and fans.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
When Hughton arrived just over two years ago, he had to get us out of relegation danger. Many on Nsc complained he was too defensive, but it worked.

Yesterday we had 13 shots with three on target, exactly the same as Leeds, so we weren't being defensive. We had two shots cleared off the line, one in each half. Murray should have buried his shot.

Find another scapegoat.

Spot on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here