Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert without Bruno

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Because he thinks Tomori is better.

Who am i to argue- to be fair he is/was getting game time and probably attracting attention from clubs too.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Without probably the Albion's best ever technical player behind him he struggles a bit, doesn't he?

That's probably where Leicester went wrong.

Isn't this a fairly obvious point though? Partnerships within a team are crucial, Stephens and Kayal aren't as effective without one another, same goes for Murray/Hemed and Baldock. Also, we never attack with as much intent away from home, which will never benefit a creative attack minded player.

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
Knockaert didn't see a lot of the ball. When he rarely got it he looked dangerous. It's true that Bruno was missed, but Tomori wasn't at all bad. It seemed that we kept playing up the other wing. I think that this was also due to Leeds very well organised tactics.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What's the reason for the other games AK has gone missing or been far too selfish?

Chances are the answer is he's only 25, he's incredibly talented, he needs to be 'the man', and he's pretty much the dictionary definition of mercurial (spot the man who just checked his workings out)

This has happened enough times away and less so at home, for it not to be a case of 'without Bruno'.

FWIW I think how Knockaert plays is entirely down to the manager, he might be a tiny bit ingratiated, how many games has he been dropped or subbed out of?, but overall it would seem Hughton is the perfect gaffer for the lad and long may it continue.

Can you imagine the eventual car crash that would be Sami or Gus managing AK!

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Good point, Leicester fans adored him but their main gripe was his inconsistency. If he made better decisions on the passing/shooting front we would probably be almost promoted.

#Brunomanlove
Correct I was screaming PASS yesterday but didn't when Murray was clear in the box.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
The thing with Knocky, is he's an enigma. You have to allow him his faults in order for him to be the full on player he is. Lose that selfish streak and you'll lose the player he is. Yes, he can be frustrating. In my old footballing days in the lower echelons we would have players that just breezed past players but wouldn't make that final devastating pass. It would annoy me hugely, but you had to let their talent shine. Knocky has far more plusses than minuses.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
AK needs to be on it from the off, if he does a few mazy runs , has a pop at goal in the first quarter he tends to have a good game.
If he doesn't he just tends to drift away and confidence gradually drains out of him.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here