Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert without Bruno

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Without probably the Albion's best ever technical player behind him he struggles a bit, doesn't he?

That's probably where Leicester went wrong.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Without probably the Albion's best every technical player behind him he struggles a bit, doesn't he.

That's probably where Leicester went wrong.

Good point, Leicester fans adored him but their main gripe was his inconsistency. If he made better decisions on the passing/shooting front we would probably be almost promoted.

#Brunomanlove

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I'm guessing because AK is a confidence player and is used to having things in a set footballing way.
Being without Bruno behind him, he is not used to, and having Tomori playing behind him may have knocked him out of his comfort zone. IMO.

Fran112

Jun 6, 2011
Waterlooville
I think I'm with whatever Glen said to him!

Whilst I love our little magician (and the goals he scores) I find myself getting more and more irritated with his refusal to just pass to our strikers and opting to blast the ball at the goal!

As said above, better decision making and we'd probably be ready for a stroll to promotion. But he's a BHA player and we never do it easy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
He's not the greatest player away from his own turf generally. That has to be accepted I guess.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Hopefully with a 2 week break Bruno will be back for the 2 home games and he will help AK push on to win the games and that is a big point about our game. It must be said that without Bong or Pocognoli we have suffered the same fate on the left but again hopefully the international break has come at the right time to help us back up to speed for the run in.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Why did we let Rob Hunt go out on loan.....doing very well at Oldham by all accounts

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Hopefully with a 2 week break Bruno will be back for the 2 home games and he will help AK push on to win the games and that is a big point about our game. It must be said that without Bong or Pocognoli we have suffered the same fate on the left but again hopefully the international break has come at the right time to help us back up to speed for the run in.

It seems to me Solly needs very little help from the full backs to go marauding. Why we don't start him is beyond me.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Undoubtedly he's better with Bruno behind him, but there was very little space anyway down the right last night, and he does need a bit of room to accommodate his style. If fact there didn't seem to be much space anywhere on the pitch, mostly, is their pitch smaller ?

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Undoubtedly he's better with Bruno behind him, but there was very little space anyway down the right last night, and he does need a bit of room to accommodate his style. If fact there didn't seem to be much space anywhere on the pitch, mostly, is their pitch smaller ?

Bridcutt was effortlessly able to find at least 10 yards of totally empty space with several of his longer passes last night .Most times it was impossible to work out who he was aiming for.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here