Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast
    Together (sometimes) Thunder Bolt's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowdey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To be honest, I dont recall that incident in full (Cocoa Cola kid?) but are you equating a player pushing a kid over, with a full grown man being shoved, a bit ?
    There have been two instances. Hazard at Swansea, who got a three match ban and a fine, and an Orient player, who got a 6 match ban. The first ball 'boy' was as big as the player, so not necessarily a 'kid'.

Uwe has been playing with his hand strapped up following a fracture. Luckily, that wasn't exacerbated by him falling onto it, when he received a few shoves, but with our injury crisis in our defensive line up, but would you feel the same way, if it was?
    Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
    NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!

• North Stand Chat

advertising

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Bolt View Post
      There have been two instances. Hazard at Swansea, who got a three match ban and a fine, and an Orient player, who got a 6 match ban. The first ball 'boy' was as big as the player, so not necessarily a 'kid'.

Uwe has been playing with his hand strapped up following a fracture. Luckily, that wasn't exacerbated by him falling onto it, when he received a few shoves, but with our injury crisis in our defensive line up, but would you feel the same way, if it was?
      Not that I'm defending the wombat who shoved him, but I think the BFG is far more likely to injure his hand during the rough and tumble of a game, having to deal with a big lump like Chris Wood (or not, as the first goal turned out). Lets not all go getting TOO precious about the "assault" on him.
      "But you accept that there is an increased risk of vehicle/bat collision"
      Members

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Easy 10 View Post
      Not that I'm defending the wombat who shoved him, but I think the BFG is far more likely to injure his hand during the rough and tumble of a game, having to deal with a big lump like Chris Wood (or not, as the first goal turned out). Lets not all go getting TOO precious about the "assault" on him.
      A lot of THIS.

And a fair bit of IF.

And yes, i might well feel different IF something serious had happened.. but it didn't, did it..

Come on, you've linked two scenario's involving U18's, to this - I think we're getting too caught up here in today's 'Pantomine villain' of the Leeds fan, tomorrow it will be someone else social media can have a pop at, so lets drop this charade of it being assault and battery; frankly it's embarrassing.
      I Know What I Like, And I Like What I See..
      It's All Blue And White....!

0 Not allowed!
      A lot of THIS.

And a fair bit of IF.

And yes, i might well feel different IF something serious had happened.. but it didn't, did it..

Come on, you've linked two scenario's involving U18's, to this - I think we're getting too caught up here in today's 'Pantomine villain' of the Leeds fan, tomorrow it will be someone else social media can have a pop at, so lets drop this charade of it being assault and battery; frankly it's embarrassing.
      We don't have to drop anything. We're simply fans having a discussion, although some idiots have taken it further on Twitter and Facebook.

The club are dealing with it.
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!

4 Not allowed!
      I know it was a slightly ugly moment, and not actions to be condoned, but this is LEEDS. In the great scheme of things, this was unbelievably minor. Maybe I'll sound like an old git here, but when it comes to violent fans and this particular club, then we are talking a group of fans whose violence through the 80's (my formative supporting years) was truly dreadful.

Violence at Birmingham in 1985 led to a young fan dying from head injuries after a wall collapsed in the ground. The reason many people forget about that day (and look it up, the scenes were truly dreadful that day) was because it happened on the same day as the Bradford fire. And on the subject of Bradford, when Leeds played them at Odsal (?) Stadium the next year while Valley Parade was being rebuilt, the Leeds fans set fire to the chip van on the terrace - no horrendous, life changing memories being brought back up for the home fans on that day then, eh? Classy. And that's just two examples of their behaviour in the grounds, not talking about the cases of walking down streets vandalising cars, smashing windows, setting fire to vehicles by lighting their fuel tanks ......

This bloke, shoved an opposing player when he came close, and swore at him. Not great, and it wouldn't happen at the theatre, but can we not get too carried away by this, it's not crime of the century, it probably wasn't even crime of the evening, in Elland Road.

#perspective
      "I looked straight across to Graham Turner and their whole bench was in tears."
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      We don't have to drop anything. We're simply fans having a discussion, although some idiots have taken it further on Twitter and Facebook.

The club are dealing with it.
      Well, the analogy with two U18's and this has been dropped, which is good.

And yes, it's a discussion pretty much all running (bar me and @easy_10; ) in the same direction, hell bent towards over-reaction with a call for charges with assault & battery, that handily runs directly parallel to some other social media over-reaction (i haven't seen it myself)

And in my opinion, the frothing and foaming is a pretty sad state of affairs, from being within & looking out, and how we're viewed & perceived by others looking in.. But that might well be me.

Anyway, i need to go hire a pipe freezer before i flood a flat..
      I Know What I Like, And I Like What I See..
      It's All Blue And White....!

0 Not allowed!

And yes, it's a discussion pretty much all running (bar me and @easy_10; ) in the same direction, hell bent towards over-reaction with a call for charges with assault & battery, that handily runs directly parallel to some other social media over-reaction (i haven't seen it myself)

And in my opinion, the frothing and foaming is a pretty sad state of affairs, from being within & looking out, and how we're viewed & perceived by others looking in.. But that might well be me.

I don't think the fan should be arrested for assault, but I do think he should be banned from Elland Road, as you can guarantee, would happen if one of our fans had done the same at the Amex.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Gritt23 View Post
      I know it was a slightly ugly moment, and not actions to be condoned, but this is LEEDS. In the great scheme of things, this was unbelievably minor. Maybe I'll sound like an old git here, but when it comes to violent fans and this particular club, then we are talking a group of fans whose violence through the 80's (my formative supporting years) was truly dreadful.

Violence at Birmingham in 1985 led to a young fan dying from head injuries after a wall collapsed in the ground. The reason many people forget about that day (and look it up, the scenes were truly dreadful that day) was because it happened on the same day as the Bradford fire. And on the subject of Bradford, when Leeds played them at Odsal (?) Stadium the next year while Valley Parade was being rebuilt, the Leeds fans set fire to the chip van on the terrace - no horrendous, life changing memories being brought back up for the home fans on that day then, eh? Classy. And that's just two examples of their behaviour in the grounds, not talking about the cases of walking down streets vandalising cars, smashing windows, setting fire to vehicles by lighting their fuel tanks ......

This bloke, shoved an opposing player when he came close, and swore at him. Not great, and it wouldn't happen at the theatre, but can we not get too carried away by this, it's not crime of the century, it probably wasn't even crime of the evening, in Elland Road.

#perspective
      Agreed

3 Not allowed!

It was a bit of an unsavoury incident, but the way some people have reacted on here you'd think that semi-literate ape had punched Uwe in the gob.

Far too much snowflaking on this thread.
      "But you accept that there is an increased risk of vehicle/bat collision"

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Easy 10 View Post
      It was a bit of an unsavoury incident, but the way some people have reacted on here you'd think that semi-literate ape had punched Uwe in the gob.

Far too much snowflaking on this thread.
      Snow flakes are pretty and every one of them unique.