Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Huenemeier's vicious assault on disabled lees fan!

Jan 30, 2008
they haven't got over the Pump house and couple of occasions at their place by all accounts........... little old Brighton :whistle:
regards
DR

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2008
I know it was a slightly ugly moment, and not actions to be condoned, but this is LEEDS. In the great scheme of things, this was unbelievably minor. Maybe I'll sound like an old git here, but when it comes to violent fans and this particular club, then we are talking a group of fans whose violence through the 80's (my formative supporting years) was truly dreadful.

Violence at Birmingham in 1985 led to a young fan dying from head injuries after a wall collapsed in the ground. The reason many people forget about that day (and look it up, the scenes were truly dreadful that day) was because it happened on the same day as the Bradford fire. And on the subject of Bradford, when Leeds played them at Odsal (?) Stadium the next year while Valley Parade was being rebuilt, the Leeds fans set fire to the chip van on the terrace - no horrendous, life changing memories being brought back up for the home fans on that day then, eh? Classy. And that's just two examples of their behaviour in the grounds, not talking about the cases of walking down streets vandalising cars, smashing windows, setting fire to vehicles by lighting their fuel tanks ......

This bloke, shoved an opposing player when he came close, and swore at him. Not great, and it wouldn't happen at the theatre, but can we not get too carried away by this, it's not crime of the century, it probably wasn't even crime of the evening, in Elland Road.

#perspective
keeping it real in 2017 :thumbsup:
regards
DR

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Is it up on neandohub yet ?

"Click here, meet mature hoolies in your area"
"Baz is 2.6 miles away, he's just had a kebab and is aching for a ruck"
"Jez wants to stare you out...want to shout 'COME ON VEN' back at him from behind an upturned wheelie bin ? Click now"

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
they haven't got over the Pump house and couple of occasions at their place by all accounts........... little old Brighton :whistle:
regards
DR

Thing is . . . nobody cares. And you have to go to games these days to qualify for an opinion. No disrespect, but NSC is not much about nostalgia right now - of any sort. Albeit for gentlemen of our vintage it may be a great deal more about neuralgia :cheers:

Engam

Mar 16, 2017
Guessing it's obligatory to say Leeds Fan in peace!

First and foremost the shove on your player by the 'carer' was completely over the top and bordered on assault. I thought Huenemeier's response was commendable and actually deflated what could have become a very serious incident.

I can't speak for all Leeds fans but the majority I know (generally not the keyboard warriors or hooligan apologists) think it was ugly and are amazed that the club, so far, seem to have taken no action.

We take pride in our team which up until this year has been really poor. We take pride in our loyal and passionate support and the atmosphere on Saturday was up amongst the noisiest most intense in quite a while (and I mean years) because we are finally competing.

That said ever team has it's undesirables - we've got quite a few! I personally think the club should have made some kind of statement with at the very least a warning, and a ban would send a strong message out to the thankfully decreasing numbers of so called fans with ulterior motives.

I love my club passionately and it's incredibly annoying to let this incident overshadow what was a very good second half performance from both teams (first half was Reading v Reading and boring). Murray had a couple of chances that on another day go in - Wood had a couple of chances and eventually we scored first. Tomori looked good - March dominated Beradi (an incredibly rare occurrence) but Ronaldo Viera (his Dad is a massive football fan - see his brothers name) was immense and MOM in my opinion.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I thought Uwe handled himself admirably. Didn't particularly retaliate, just shrugs them off and back onto the pitch. Must have been a bit scary in that little pit for a moment.

You also see him apologise to the fan he was pushed into just before he makes his way back onto the pitch

Jan 30, 2008
Thing is . . . nobody cares. And you have to go to games these days to qualify for an opinion. No disrespect, but NSC is not much about nostalgia right now - of any sort. Albeit for gentlemen of our vintage it may be a great deal more about neuralgia :cheers:
Everyone's entitled to their opinion H , keep up the stretching exercises :thumbsup:
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here