Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Hughton too negative in the big games?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
You don't know me at all, because that is a word I've never used in my life. I don't think like that.

It doesn't matter what word describes what you were thinking. It could have been thicko, dunce, nob, **** or any other word. The intention of your post was to make me look stupid in front of others because I confused one incident for another. I may not know you in your real life but on here you are passive aggressive.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It doesn't matter what word describes what you were thinking. It could have been thicko, dunce, nob, **** or any other word. The intention of your post was to make me look stupid in front of others because I confused one incident for another. I may not know you in your real life but on here you are passive aggressive.

I disagreed with your opinion, and used an example to back up my opinion. If that's passive aggressive, so be it.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I disagreed with your opinion, and used an example to back up my opinion. If that's passive aggressive, so be it.

FFS. I haven't got a problem with disagreeing with my comment. You've already agreed that you were patronising. If being patronising isn't passive aggressive I don't know what is.

It's a shame that the point I was made in my original post was completely missed which was supporting Hughton and talking about fine margins in games, and the only response I got was a bitch slap.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Ok. If it's purely based on fans watching the matches and gut feel then I've been at the matches and I disagree.

Just a suggestion, but maybe you should watch what you're seeing a bit more closely. For sure it's gut feel, but far more fans pick up on it than don't pick up on it. For every game that we come out and play as silky skilled unstoppable goal machines, we have another game where we come out as flapping also-rans that can't string two passes together. There is not enough consistency to the level of performance, and it's not all down to the opposition. Suggests we're not quite the finished promotion article, tho we'll hopefully have enough points on the board by the end of the season to stumble over the automatic promotion finish line. Cos I really don't fancy our chances in the play-offs one little bit, for all the usual reasons.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
I don't think CH got it badly wrong. Leeds were better. I get the feeling though, that our danger factor becomes less of a threat when we play cagey and try to sit behind the ball, a bit like putting a rucksack on a greyhound. :shrug:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Just a suggestion, but maybe you should watch what you're seeing a bit more closely. For sure it's gut feel, but far more fans pick up on it than don't pick up on it. For every game that we come out and play as silky skilled unstoppable goal machines, we have another game where we come out as flapping also-rans that can't string two passes together. There is not enough consistency to the level of performance, and it's not all down to the opposition. Suggests we're not quite the finished promotion article, tho we'll hopefully have enough points on the board by the end of the season to stumble over the automatic promotion finish line. Cos I really don't fancy our chances in the play-offs one little bit, for all the usual reasons.

I watch quite closely thanks but cheers for the tips.

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
We have problems with our manager's negative "away" tactics - Dyche was thrilled with a 0-0 draw at rock-bottom Sunderland on Saturday.

It's almost like a Championship team being satisfied with a 0-0 draw at Rotherham.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It doesn't matter what word describes what you were thinking. It could have been thicko, dunce, nob, **** or any other word. The intention of your post was to make me look stupid in front of others because I confused one incident for another.
I'm not siding against you here symyjym, I think you're getting unnecessarily upset. Thunder probably didn't realise you'd got two incidents mixed up, so she was just forcefully defending Dunk - you know how this forum is, many of us are a bit short with our posts. I'm sure she's not trying to make you look stupid.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
For every game that we come out and play as silky skilled unstoppable goal machines, we have another game where we come out as flapping also-rans that can't string two passes together. There is not enough consistency to the level of performance, and it's not all down to the opposition. Suggests we're not quite the finished promotion article
What? Most teams that get automatic promotion also have games where they don't perform as well, including the top 3 teams this year. I wonder if you're just :fishing:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'm not siding against you here symyjym, I think you're getting unnecessarily upset. Thunder probably didn't realise you'd got two incidents mixed up, so she was just forcefully defending Dunk - you know how this forum is, many of us are a bit short with our posts. I'm sure she's not trying to make you look stupid.

This, completely. Big overheated squabble over something trivial that is already history. Both posters proven good guys IMHO. Maybe just let it lie?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
What? Most teams that get automatic promotion also have games where they don't perform as well, including the top 3 teams this year. I wonder if you're just :fishing:

Of course I'm not fishing. Why would I? My post count is embarrassingly high as it is. Why generate any more posts unnecessarily? Would rather it was swiped back to zero. Genuinely.

My point stands. We come out for a game like The Waking Dead far more often than is healthy. When we're good, we are very very good, but when we are bad we are SHITE.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Of course I'm not fishing. Why would I?
Because you're a bit of a ****er?

My point stands. We come out for a game like The Waking Dead far more often than is healthy. When we're good, we are very very good, but when we are bad we are SHITE.
I thought we were alright away to the 4th best team in the league, and I thought we'd have a chance to win it towards the end, but we were done by an excellent cross and header.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Of course I'm not fishing. Why would I? My post count is embarrassingly high as it is. Why generate any more posts unnecessarily? Would rather it was swiped back to zero. Genuinely.

That is a massive exaggeration. There were two good teams playing on Saturday, with identical number of shots, more corners to Brighton (which usually indicates an attacking period in the game) and things just going Leeds way.
We are six points ahead of the same position last season, so we must have won more games. Some you win and some you lose. This is why football betting is so big in this country as there is no magic formula for a good team to win every game.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Good point, well made.
Thanks, I put quite a lot of thought into it.

But APART from that? ???
Well back to the point you made, that I disagree with - even if we were shit on Saturday (debatable), you're saying that we're not as consistent as a top two team needs to be. But that's clearly wrong. We got 89 points last season (enough for top two in every other year), we're averaging over 2 points a game this season, and just about all teams that finish top two can be inconsistent at times.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
That is a massive exaggeration.

It really isn't. Look back on most of the threads talking about recent games. Most will have multiple posters saying we weren't at our best. Like I say, hopefully we'll do just enough to stumble over the automatic promotion finishing line. Tho it won't be pretty.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It really isn't. Look back on most of the threads talking about recent games. Most will have multiple posters saying we weren't at our best. Like I say, hopefully we'll do just enough to stumble over the automatic promotion finishing line. Tho it won't be pretty.

Not being at our best is quite different from being (in your words) SHITE

In fact, isn't it supposed to be the sign of a good team that plays badly but still wins, ie Fulham away?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here