Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast
    Together (sometimes) Thunder Bolt's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Just for comparison - the table after 38 games from last year and this year

http://www.statto.com/football/stats...ble/2016-04-01

http://www.seagulls.co.uk/fixtures-r...ble/index.aspx
    Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
    If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed, if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed. -Mark Twain

• North Stand Chat

advertising

The great escape British Bulldog's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by perseus View Post
      Not the younger visionary type of coach. I would hope that Trollope would fit that role?

Meanwhile, I think the 72 minute substitutes are likely to do as much harm as good as the introduced players adjust from sitting on the bench to the pace of the game. 66 minutes for a new forward player when chasing a game.

I think we should try and play possession football when holding on to a single goal lead, but we are not so good as it as we use to be.
      Somebody give me a clue what he's on about please?
      She's got her knickers in a twist again
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Bolt View Post
      Just for comparison - the table after 38 games from last year and this year

http://www.statto.com/football/stats...ble/2016-04-01

http://www.seagulls.co.uk/fixtures-r...ble/index.aspx
      Completely irrelevant tbh. Spurs would be top of the premiership in last seasons table too, doesn't mean they have performed better over the course of the season.. maybe the quality of teams has got worse.

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Wilko View Post
      I do think he gives certain teams too much respect such as today and the two Newcastle games. In all of those I think we would have been much better off attacking than trying to stifle.
      he is conservative imho. Against Newcastle, he was going to bring on kayal for baldock with 10 to go and we're one nil up, that makes sense. They score 1-1 and yet a min later he still makes that substitution planned at 1-0, replacing an attacker for a midfielder?. Benitez, sensing blood goes for it and throws on an extra attacker and they win. In that moment the differing mentality is obvious, one manager wants to hang on to what he has, the other isnt satisfied and wants all 3 points.

When its must win (like Wednesday home last season or boro away) or we're behind in a regular game, he will go for it. But when its in the balance it often seems to be overly cautious/safety first, to try and protect your own throat rather than go for the oppositions throat. CH has done brilliantly, who can argue with his record, but in essence i think he is a cautious manager who only seems to gamble when he's forced to and that's ingrained into who he is.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      He played for a draw yesterday, and if we had got a point we all be happy.

But IMO Shame that March didn't come on at half time, as I didn't think Leeds were very good, we had the opportunity to put real daylight between us and Huddersfield.

CH knows what he's doing, that's why we will get promoted.
      Thanks Robbie - one day we'll name a stand after you.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by sdmartin1 View Post
      Completely irrelevant tbh. Spurs would be top of the premiership in last seasons table too, doesn't mean they have performed better over the course of the season.. maybe the quality of teams has got worse.
      Not irrelevant when one poster on this thread said we were more consistent last season. Please read my post in that context.
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
      If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed, if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed. -Mark Twain
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hark, Preston Park View Post
      I don't think it's so much CH being negative in the big games as the tendency of the team to blow hot and cold. You never really know which Albion team is going to turn up on the day. Consistency is a problem IMHO.
      As in the consistency that saw us W14 D4 in 18 games up to Fulham A, you mean? No team has ever been 'consistent' over 46 games. (well, perhaps Rotherham have...) It is now about getting over the line. Think we shall do it.

1 Not allowed!
      Their first goal was a bit soft and it looked like Dunk could have dealt with it better. I'm not blaming him just pointing out the fine margins in the game. Tomori's penalty was unfortunate in an otherwise good performance from him. Bearing in mind that our defense was missing 3 of our first choice defenders we weren't really troubled until the goal.
      Harry Wilson's Tackle Harry Wilson's tackle's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Where is Dr No when you need him (apols if he's already posted - I don't think I'll be reading this bed wetting thread)?
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Q93v7hGZA

Premier League : Brighton, le club le plus cool d'Angleterre

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by symyjym View Post
      Their first goal was a bit soft and it looked like Dunk could have dealt with it better. I'm not blaming him just pointing out the fine margins in the game. Tomori's penalty was unfortunate in an otherwise good performance from him. Bearing in mind that our defense was missing 3 of our first choice defenders we weren't really troubled until the goal.
      It wasn't a soft goal. I'd rather believe Rosenior's description than yours, as I suspect he has a bit more experience than you.