Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast
    Members

Is Hughton too negative in the big games?

10 Not allowed!
    I can understand the mentality of keeping it tight in the first half, especially in tough away games, but on the few occasions we ran at the Leeds defence tonight they were shitting themselves. It's all very well trying to set up a 'counter attacking side' but sometimes I wonder if we'd be better off playing the likes of March from the start instead of giving the opposition too much respect.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

On the BHA rollercoaster Icy Gull's Avatar

7 Not allowed!
      It is easy to criticise after a few defeats but over the last two seasons CH's, frankly negative, away tactics have served us well

When it works, it's great but even then it tends to be nerve shredding. I'm just grateful he has chosen to go for it at home more often as there were plenty of games last season where we tried to sit on leads. It has been much better this season.

I guess what I am saying is that I am reluctant to criticise CH but I totally get what you are saying.
      Falmer, concrete proof that if you build it they will come

5 Not allowed!
      Yeah, he probably is. But overall he's not doing too badly is he. Second in the league and all that
      Stockdale - Bruno Dunk Foster Bridge - Knockaert Case Kayal Vicente - Zamora Byrne
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Dale Jasper View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Yeah, he probably is. But overall he's not doing too badly is he. Second in the league and all that
      He's definitely not but we are coming to the business end of the season again now. I'd hate for all our hard work to count for nothing yet again.

6 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Icy Gull View Post
      It is easy to criticise after a few defeats but over the last two seasons CH's, frankly negative, away tactics have served us well

When it works, it's great but even then it tends to be nerve shredding. I'm just grateful he has chosen to go for it at home more often as there were plenty of games last season where we tried to sit on leads. It has been much better this season.

I guess what I am saying is that I am reluctant to criticise CH but I totally get what you are saying.
      I don't think he is negative. Today's stats were our 12 shots to Leeds 11, and 8 corners to their 3. Possession 50 50. Couldn't have done much more apart from score.

0 Not allowed!
      I do think he gives certain teams too much respect such as today and the two Newcastle games. In all of those I think we would have been much better off attacking than trying to stifle.
      Seaweed! Seaweed! GoldWithFalmer's Avatar

2 Not allowed!
      Mike Bailey was once accused of the same thing-be careful what you wish for,i suppose.

That said,we have an ex defender as manager and that's fine with me.
      In Deo Fidemus we know our history,yet we embrace change-Hello from the real Brighton

Posh? i'd say a non clock watcher,an early riser,creator of ones own fortune,a grafter,a clever dick,an inheritor,a late home type,one that makes sacrifice,gifted maybe.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Icy Gull View Post

If I just gave you a thumbs down apologies. Using a crap tablet and meant to give thumbs up
      Seaweed! Seaweed! GoldWithFalmer's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Napier's Knee View Post
      If I just gave you a thumbs down apologies. Using a crap tablet and meant to give thumbs up
      It came as an thumbs up
      In Deo Fidemus we know our history,yet we embrace change-Hello from the real Brighton

Posh? i'd say a non clock watcher,an early riser,creator of ones own fortune,a grafter,a clever dick,an inheritor,a late home type,one that makes sacrifice,gifted maybe.

Is Hughton too negative in the big games?

4 Not allowed!
      Obviously, he is when we lose but he's spot on when we win ....
      'Our system rests to a large extent on the notion that we accept the result of free and fair elections with good grace, even if we’ve lost, and get on with making the best of it.'