Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Hughton too negative in the big games?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
This, completely. Big overheated squabble over something trivial that is already history. Both posters proven good guys IMHO. Maybe just let it lie?

Go along with this, especially the proven good guys bit. You're a proven good guy too THPP, although you go all funny when it comes to strikers :wink:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
FWIW, I think there's something in what THPP is saying. We/CH do seem to approach away games differently and this tends to nullify what I think is our best attribute, which is very much in evidence in home games, and that is an intensity of play. We went very cagey in the first quarter of the game, but picked things up thereafter. It was a fairly even game and we probably had more decent chances than them.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Been 2nd/1st for most of the season and so we should be one of the best teams in this division. Don't care if people don't agree with me but that was another dire away performance. No point dressing it up with shots on target and other stats. We can be quite dull away from home.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Not being at our best is quite different from being (in your words) SHITE

In fact, isn't it supposed to be the sign of a good team that plays badly but still wins, ie Fulham away?

Well I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one, but I'd still say the fairly frequent under-performances are a serious cause for concern, and will remain so for the rest of the season.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
The latest form stats say we are improving our away results.

Over 8 matches we were 12th best, whereas over the last 4 matches we've moved up to 9th.

http://www.soccerstats.com/formtable.asp?league=england2

They may well do, but I think we all know that we've lost a fair few away games of late, whereas there was only one in 2016. So all that's saying is that on the whole home performances have improved. Or am I misreading things?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
They may well do, but I think we all know that we've lost a fair few away games of late, whereas there was only one in 2016. So all that's saying is that on the whole home performances have improved. Or am I misreading things?

Probably because we are going for wins instead of draws. We are 6 points ahead of last year, so must be doing something better ie home form.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I'm not siding against you here symyjym, I think you're getting unnecessarily upset. Thunder probably didn't realise you'd got two incidents mixed up, so she was just forcefully defending Dunk - you know how this forum is, many of us are a bit short with our posts. I'm sure she's not trying to make you look stupid.

If anyone is patronising to someone, then that someone is drawn into addressing it. You would do too, and I have had to address it 5 times now. What hacks me off is getting drawn into wasting time; My time, TB's own time, and now your time, that none of us will get back.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
This, if Murray had shot anywhere else at goal, instead of straight at Green, we would have got a point. Murray's finishing was pants today, and the truth is it has been for weeks. I'm sure my comments won't be popular.

Might not be popular but IMO entirely accurate!

You say "weeks"...I say "since he got a new contract". Tomer's "goals to minutes played" is exceptionally good (and better than Murray's) so I'm somewhat baffled why CH keeps picking him...particularly away from home.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If anyone is patronising to someone, then that someone is drawn into addressing it.
So maybe she was a bit patronising, it's no big deal. You seemed to be more upset than was warranted.

What hacks me off is getting drawn into wasting time; My time, TB's own time, and now your time, that none of us will get back.
If we were that worried about our time we shouldn't be on here all the time.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
So maybe she was a bit patronising, it's no big deal. You seemed to be more upset than was warranted.

If we were that worried about our time we shouldn't be on here all the time.

That's fine. I've explained what irritates me and now you are doing exactly what I said irritates me. :mad:

I'm better off not making any comments if people want to passive aggressively draw me into pointless discussions that have no bearing of any subject matter. Just the fact that you have jumped all over it yourself makes this point very clear. You know as well as I do that to accuse someone of being upset is a carrot for a response so I do understand the game that you want to play. No I'm not upset just bored of this bullshit and people goading for an argument.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here