Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Please allow the Thumbs Down feature back!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Just check the username before you read the post. I've been here almost a decade so I know whose opinions to bother reading

I've just got a thumbs down. Sometimes it can be a reassurance you're getting it right.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Post in this thread and you're getting a thumbs down from me.

Last edited:

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Screenshot from 2017-03-18 23-46-48.png

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
In celebration of the abolition of the thumbs down button I am going to give everyone in this thread a thumbs up.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
[MENTION=15297]Dick Head[/MENTION]

Are you being naughty and playing with the red and green buttons again today ?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Because it's an utterly bollox and cringeworthy worthy phrase, IMO.
If it's used inappropriately, I agree. I think there have been times when it's been warranted though (not recently, I think recent use has been more tongue in cheek). I can't even remember the reasons to be honest, I'm thinking last year after the odd bad performance, people claiming that a player/manager simply isn't good enough for us. I'd not agree with using it when a fan is just pissed off we've dropped points.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Gone - thank goodness. Apologies to those I randomly 'thumbs downed' in order to bring disrepute to the whole shenanigan. :lolol:

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2013
Downunder
Gone - thank goodness. Apologies to those I randomly 'thumbs downed' in order to bring disrepute to the whole shenanigan. :lolol:

Thank you, apology accepted. Although I was hugely traumatised the whole day:down:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Thank you, apology accepted. Although I was hugely traumatised the whole day:down:

Apologies again. This only goes to show how WRONG the thumbs down button is. Consider: you post something and normally nothing happens. Sometimed you get a post quote and some comment. Sometimes you get a thumbs up or two. When he's feeling needy, Enrest posts a bit of comedy and gets dozens of thumbs ups. What's not to like?

Now imagine posting some innocuous comment and then finding a Thumbs Down. Traumatizing. Is there any need for that?

No. If you post crap or anodyne sweet nothings folk will ignore you. That is enough. There is no reason to give licence to snowflakes and bedwetters who are so bereft of humanity that they feel a need to Thumbs You Down.

It is wrong. Like car crime in a multi storey car park, wrong on so many levels.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
In all seriousness, has anyone ACTUALLY wet the bed PURELY due to worrying about the fate of Brighton and Hove Albion?

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Apologies again. This only goes to show how WRONG the thumbs down button is. Consider: you post something and normally nothing happens. Sometimed you get a post quote and some comment. Sometimes you get a thumbs up or two. When he's feeling needy, Enrest posts a bit of comedy and gets dozens of thumbs ups. What's not to like?

Now imagine posting some innocuous comment and then finding a Thumbs Down. Traumatizing. Is there any need for that?

No. If you post crap or anodyne sweet nothings folk will ignore you. That is enough. There is no reason to give licence to snowflakes and bedwetters who are so bereft of humanity that they feel a need to Thumbs You Down.

It is wrong. Like car crime in a multi storey car park, wrong on so many levels.

But what is the value of a thumbs up without the option of a down ?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here